Respected Contributor

I was flipping the channels last night and caught a litle of Dr. Denese.  Maybe it is just me, but I find it such a turn off when she goes on and on about her products and it is well known that she looks the way she does because of cosmetic surgery.  She does look fabulous, I hardly recognized her, and I would love to know who her plastic surgeon is, however, when someone is selling all these lotions and potions to make us look firmer, less wrinkled, etc. I cannot bring myself to buy their products.  Like that Skinn guy, OMG, his place is so tight it looks like a mask.   I feel like they are insulting our intelligence.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree - I hit QVC and the second I recognized her voice - I clicked the channel button.  Didn't even see her - I'm insulted that Q continues to present her and her lies.

Honored Contributor

She has admitted she has had procedures but you still need great products to keep that look after the procedure.  She has never claimed that her products do what  a procedure does.   Thinking it insults your intelligence is a personal self esteem issue for those that think that way!!  I have found some excellent products that actually have firmed and tightened my skin but am intelligent enough to know a procedure would give me a better look but I do not want a procedure and don't mind aging but will always try different products that could work and many do. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, in her defense, she has stated on the air that she had a few procedures done that no lotion or potion would have ever corrected, she even explained what was done. 

Trusted Contributor

It doesn't affect my decision to buy her products based on what Dr. Denese has had done to her face.  As long as her products are beneficial to me, that's all I care about....and they definitely are.  I've used her products for over 10 years, tried others, always come back to Dr. Denese.  

Trusted Contributor

The before and after photos that she presents is a joke...I did not see any improvements over the period of time they mentioned.  Turn off for me.  Did not continure to watch something that isn't true.

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals well said, I totally agree. 

I tried her products and had skin irritation from the pads.

Esteemed Contributor

I have and use some of her products and like them very much.  I do think they make too big of a deal out of the changes in the before and after photos.  There is not much of a difference in my opinion.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Regular Contributor

I have used her products for years and they work for me.

I get compliments how good my skin looks.  Her eye cream is amazing.  I have tried others and the results are not the same for me.  Would not want to be without Hydroshield.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt she admittted the plastic surgery, no lie.  I have used her products and have received comments on how young I look...I am a young 77 years old.   As a matter of fact I recently went to a new doctor and was left in the examining room for what seemed like a long time.  Finally a nurse came in  asked my name because they did not believe the woman in examining room 2 was a 77 year old woman as on my chart.  Actually my PCP's nurse asked me what I used as she was sure I did not show my age.  I am not saying I do not have wrinkles at my age, but most do not believe I am 77 years old.  I wash my face with her facial wash and then  use the facial firming pads at night followed by the hydroshield moisturizing face serum and neck cream followed by emulsion night cream.    In the am is just wash my face and reapply the serum and dream cream and then spf 30 defense day cream  ( probably the first cc cream offered by QVC)  I always use the spf 30 cream at all times, even in the winter.  I do not skip it.   It protects me as well at the beach in the summer and I wear a hat.