Honored Contributor

Drybar Brush Crush Heated Straightening Brush

Drybar makes a full size heated brush for $145, and a baby one for $59. It is described as if a flat iron and paddle brush had a baby, this would be it. It is used on dry hair, I think it's basically used to straighten your hair ( I don't think you use it for volume or curl). I would maybe get the mini brush, I don't want to spend $145. Does anyone have this, if you do what are your thoughts?

Super Contributor

Re: Drybar Brush Crush Heated Straightening Brush

I just ordered the full size brush and haven't received it yet. If you're interested, I can report back later next week and let you know what I think about it. My husband bought me the Dyson Airwrap for my birthday and it quit working after using it for 5 minutes. I sent it back and ordered this Drybar brush instead. I liked using the brush attachment on the Dyson so I decided that I would try something similar.
Honored Contributor

@dsw503 wrote:
I just ordered the full size brush and haven't received it yet. If you're interested, I can report back later next week and let you know what I think about it. My husband bought me the Dyson Airwrap for my birthday and it quit working after using it for 5 minutes. I sent it back and ordered this Drybar brush instead. I liked using the brush attachment on the Dyson so I decided that I would try something similar.

@dsw503 , yes, that would be very nice of you to report back your experience with the brush. I hope it works out for you.

Super Contributor

The Drybar is sold here, too. The Brush Crush isn’t here yet, though. I’m thinking it’ll be instock soon, since it would’ve competed with the Calista TSV. They said there wouldn’t be anymore TSV’s from Calista this year. So, the Brush could be a TSV closer to the holidays. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Drybar makes a full size heated brush for $145, and a baby one for $59. It is described as if a flat iron and paddle brush had a baby, this would be it. It is used on dry hair, I think it's basically used to straighten your hair ( I don't think you use it for volume or curl). I would maybe get the mini brush, I don't want to spend $145. Does anyone have this, if you do what are your thoughts?

i bought a straightening brush on the A, theres tons of them all looking alike  prices vary take a look

Super Contributor

I just bought the Lange straightening brush. It is amazing. It's usually $160 and I got it on sale for $70. 

Valued Contributor

I have the smaller one and I use it as a finisher.

Occasional Contributor

I have the Drybar brush.  It is not dual voltage so you cannot travel internationally.  That was a problem for me.  I found one by Revlon for about $50 - not sure but close.  They see it at Ulta.  Works equally well - in fact I like it much better.

Honored Contributor

@dsw503 , hi, I was just wondering if you got and tried out your brush? Could you tell me the range of heat for the brush, the baby one I believe has a set temperature of 400 degrees.

Super Contributor

It has 3 settings. I used the lowest one and I think that was 400 degrees. As a followup, I can say that it works great and is very easy to use. I haven't decided yet if it is the right tool for me. I liked it well enough to order a Drybar curling wand and I will try it out to see which of these 2 hair tools I want to keep. I'm trying to figure out a new way to style my hair that's why I'm trying 2 totally different appliances!