Contributor

Dry/sensitive rosacea ladies! What moisturizers are you loving?

I have been using Cerave and it is fine. I received a sample of philosophy Hope in a Jar and used it the last 2 nights and my skin did not react! My skin also feel silky compared to my Cerave skin. I used to use HIAJ all of the time but then it started bothering my skin.

Before I buy that, go back to La Roche Posay Toleriane or stick with Cerave, I thought I'd ask the experts.

I'll be 50 soon and while I have sensitive skin, it is still nice and I'd like it to stay that way. I do not do well with acids and such for certain.

Do you have skin similar to mine (dry/sensitive/reactive) and are using something I should consider trying?

Thank you!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dry/sensitive rosacea ladies! What moisturizers are you loving?

I have sensitive skin but not extremely sensitive. I currently am using acure organics products which I really like.& purchase from iherb.com. You may also look into Burt's Bees Sensitive skincare. Both brands are reasonably priced.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Thank you!

I am willing to pay whatever I need to get a high quality product that my skin will tolerate.

Valued Contributor

You might want to try Aveeno Ulta Calming Moisturizer

Honored Contributor

I have sensitive skin with very mild rosacea. I use and really love Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Moisture at night (the one without SPF). The line is especially good for those with dry to very dry skin that is sensitive -- no fragrance; no irritants; reasonably priced; and in a tube, not in a jar.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

I use demalogica cleanser and moisturizer--I use the ultra calming line

Lisa

Super Contributor

Have any of you heard of Avene? Not Aveeno, but Avene. They have some products for rosacea and redness. Looks like a gentle line. The site is www.avene.com I haven't looked at prices, but the're available on amazon, too. Not sure which is a better deal.

Super Contributor

On 4/2/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I have sensitive skin with very mild rosacea. I use and really love Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Moisture at night (the one without SPF). The line is especially good for those with dry to very dry skin that is sensitive -- no fragrance; no irritants; reasonably priced; and in a tube, not in a jar.

This product saved my skin this winter.

Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:
On 4/2/2014 suzyQ3 said:

This product saved my skin this winter.

I used to use Olay Regenerist Night Recovery and really liked it. But I didn't like that it came in a jar. This PC Skin Recovery is even better for my skin, just as good a texture as the Olay, and it's in a tube. I'm probably on my third tube by now.

I'm often amazed when I check out recommendations for a skin care product that is supposedly good for sensitive skin and/or rosacea and invariably find that it has some ingredient(s) that could be irritating.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

A BIG thank you to all of you!

Off to research brands and products that you have suggested. I appreciate your recommendations VERY much!!