Esteemed Contributor

Dry, puffy, irritated under eye

I am having a hard time with very rough dry undereyes. I don’t think it’s anything I am using. Have used it all for awhile and never had a issue. Anyone have any product recs that aren’t super expensive.. Was going to order some cucumber eye patches from Amazon and see if that helps.
Respected Contributor

Re: Dry, puffy, irritated under eye

Eye strain. Dry eyes, not enough sleep, stress all contribute to that.

Patches are all that just a patch like a band-aid.   Maybe you are due for an eye exam??

Cold compresses help too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Patches are all that just a patch like a band-aid.   Maybe you are due for an eye exam??

I just had a eye exam a month ago.  I have had some issues with yeasty skin rashes from my biologic I have been wondering if it's from that. It's so rough. Makeup looks bad.  I threw out the clarisonic because of it too. Have just a silicone one now. 

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday The skin under your eyes?

Try a dab of coconut oil if it's not the actual lower lid area.

I get some dermatitus on my eye lids from certain cleansers or products & coconut oil clears it right up.

I don't know what could possibly be causing your reaction. If you haven't started any new products.

Something you are spraying? That could settle in that area?

Honored Contributor

Clear ALOE is my go-to for "strange things"...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@ccassaday The skin under your eyes?

Try a dab of coconut oil if it's not the actual lower lid area.

I get some dermatitus on my eye lids from certain cleansers or products & coconut oil clears it right up.

I don't know what could possibly be causing your reaction. If you haven't started any new products.

Something you are spraying? That could settle in that area?

Yes under the eyes. The only other thing I can think of is I am using to much Paulas Choice antioxident serum. Maybe I should avoid that area. I didn't use it today. Just washed my face and moisturizer. 

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday 

When a problem arises with your facial skin, the best thing to do is just get back to basics for awhile.  Mild cleansing and moisturizer.  This is the advice of the skincare gurus on YT.  Some of them are Drs and some are not  but they have the same advice.  Aloe was good advice tho, I think.  If your cleanser is a drying one (does your face feel tight after washing?), I would avoid the undereye area for a while.  Your skincare needs may be changing.  That's always a consideration.  I have very dry skin.  Haven't always.  I use a lot of skincare but always make sure that most of it is hydrating.  I use a glycolic acid under my eyes (don't know if I should or not  but I do), a PHA/BHA, The Ordiary's Buffet and Granactive.  But for every one active that could be drying, there are 2 products that hydrate/moisturize.  Hope you get it cleared up.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

I just had a eye exam a month ago.  I have had some issues with yeasty skin rashes from my biologic I have been wondering if it's from that. It's so rough. Makeup looks bad.  I threw out the clarisonic because of it too. Have just a silicone one now. 

Were you prescribed eye drops by your doctor? They can do a number on the skin around your eyes. My eye pressure drops cause redness underneath my eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Were you prescribed eye drops by your doctor? They can do a number on the skin around your eyes. My eye pressure drops cause redness underneath my eyes.

No I wasn't having a issue when I went. That is interesting thought though. It seems to be my entire eye from underneath to the eyelid.  I do have some aloe Vera sunburn gel I can try.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@ccassaday 

When a problem arises with your facial skin, the best thing to do is just get back to basics for awhile.  Mild cleansing and moisturizer.  This is the advice of the skincare gurus on YT.  Some of them are Drs and some are not  but they have the same advice.  Aloe was good advice tho, I think.  If your cleanser is a drying one (does your face feel tight after washing?), I would avoid the undereye area for a while.  Your skincare needs may be changing.  That's always a consideration.  I have very dry skin.  Haven't always.  I use a lot of skincare but always make sure that most of it is hydrating.  I use a glycolic acid under my eyes (don't know if I should or not  but I do), a PHA/BHA, The Ordiary's Buffet and Granactive.  But for every one active that could be drying, there are 2 products that hydrate/moisturize.  Hope you get it cleared up.

I think I may throw out the tiny bit of IT cleanser I have left.  I was almost out so I got some Cerave hydrating cleanser I can start using. I would say yes my face does itch a little sometimes. Maybe ditch the silicone face device for a while too and just cleanse and moisturize.