Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dry, puffy, irritated under eye

Are you taking any medications that could cause this problem?  Sometimes medications have side affects that dry us out. 

Are you getting enough water during the day?

CeVae facial wash with from Walmart is the best thing you can buy for moisturizing your face (imo).  It won't break the bank either.  They also have a.m. and p.m. creams that you can use.  I don't bother with those, I just use neutrogena hydro boost for my face after washing it.  If you get neutrogena hydro boost get the one for extra dry skin.  It's soooo cool to the touch of your face and it plumps and relieves dryness immediately.

Shop around for these products.  Amazon is not the cheapest.  Walmart might be.  Spend $35.00 and get free 2 day shipping on your items....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Are you taking any medications that could cause this problem?  Sometimes medications have side affects that dry us out. 

CeVae facial wash with from Walmart is the best thing you can buy for moisturizing your face (imo).  It won't break the bank either.  They also have a.m. and p.m. creams that you can use.  I don't bother with those, I just use neutrogena hydro boost for my face after washing it.  If you get neutrogena hydro boost get the one for extra dry skin.  It's soooo cool to the touch of your face and it plumps and relieves dryness immediately.

Shop around for these products.  Amazon is not the cheapest.  Walmart might be.  Spend $35.00 and get free 2 day shipping on your items....

Yes I actually take a biologic that can cause skin fungal rashes. I have had some issues with them. So it very well could be that. Doctor said as long as they are mild that the benefit out ways this. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Yes I actually take a biologic that can cause skin fungal rashes. I have had some issues with them. So it very well could be that. Doctor said as long as they are mild that the benefit out ways this. 

@ccassadayTry the regimen I mentioned.  They don't really have a scent and a cost friendly.  I also take medications that could cause dry skin.  On top of the fact that I have eczema.  The Neutrogena Hydro Boost for Extra Dry Skin will be delicate enough for your undereye area and all over your face.  The CeraVe hydrating wash for face excellent.  It has hyalauronic acid.  Skin feels good after.  Moist, plump.  I'm recommending them because I don't think you will get break outs because of extra stuff in these products.  Plus they are cost affective.  For all over the body, CeraVe has a moisturizing cream in a jar for all over if you want.  I use that after shower or bath. 

Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ccassadayTry the regimen I mentioned.  They don't really have a scent and a cost friendly.  I also take medications that could cause dry skin.  On top of the fact that I have eczema.  The Neutrogena Hydro Boost for Extra Dry Skin will be delicate enough for your undereye area and all over your face.  The CeraVe hydrating wash for face excellent.  It has hyalauronic acid.  Skin feels good after.  Moist, plump.  I'm recommending them because I don't think you will get break outs because of extra stuff in these products.  Plus they are cost affective.  For all over the body, CeraVe has a moisturizing cream in a jar for all over if you want.  I use that after shower or bath. 

Good luck!

I have the Cerave face wash. I was almost out of my it cleanser so I got that one. I pitched the little bit I had left of the IT and started using the cereve this morning. My mon will be going out tomorrow to Walmart maybe I can have her pick up some m. hydroboost. I also have some AVEENO excema lotion that might work well.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Good luck!

I have the Cerave face wash. I was almost out of my it cleanser so I got that one. I pitched the little bit I had left of the IT and started using the cereve this morning. My mon will be going out tomorrow to Walmart maybe I can have her pick up some m. hydroboost. I also have some AVEENO excema lotion that might work well.

Excellent!  I hope it works for you.  Anything that has less chemicals and fragrances is a good thing.  So is Aveeno.  Good brand.  Sometimes we gotta go back to the basics....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The red puffiness is pretty much gone today. Still super dry and rough but I think we are headed in the right direction. Took a selfie and compared it to two days ago and it looks so much better. Will keep washing with the Cerave and use the AVEENO lotion I have for awhile. Then after about a week I will add just my toner back for awhile. If no problem then I can add my serum. That should give me a good idea if it's something I am using or a skin fungus issue from medication.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassadayThe process of elimination!  Good idea.

Hope everything works out....

Esteemed Contributor

So it seems everything is back to normal. I added my toner back a couple days ago and today added my paulas choice vitamin c serum back in.  I made sure to avoid the eye area with the serum. It is looking like it may have been the it cosmetics cleanser.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassadayYaay!  You did it.  My issues are perpetual because of two meds I take and an existing condition that gives me trouble.  I'm happy for you. 

Will you be looking to replace your cosmetics cleanser?

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
I am having a hard time with very rough dry undereyes. I don’t think it’s anything I am using. Have used it all for awhile and never had a issue. Anyone have any product recs that aren’t super expensive.. Was going to order some cucumber eye patches from Amazon and see if that helps.

It was almost gone so I needed some more cleanser and bought the cereve I just pitched the little bit of IT I had left. I really like the Cerave and you get a huge bottle and it's pretty inexpensive.