Respected Contributor
Monoi oil smells so good!
Trusted Contributor

I got a sample of,  " Kerastase reflection masque chromatique"  and it is the best conditioner i have ever used. I intend on purchasing it , it is fairly expensive around 50.00 but it is amazing. 

Trusted Contributor

Co-wash with Suave Sun Ripened Stawberry ($2) conditioner.

Condition with the same.

Comb through.

Gently dry with an old, cotton t shirt.

Do not comb again.

Air dry and add a little of the same conditioner all over to damp hair as a leave in.

My dry, thin, curls (super frizz prone) are revived; so happy, defined and glossy.

Respected Contributor

The secret is not just the mask. Applying heat and leaving it in is what works. I've always had dry coarse hair. I still have the heat cap I had in high school. When my hair is shampooed and damp I use the heat cap. If I have a fresh cut I don't have to do much to style it.

I have my roots done every five weeks. I don't have a blow dry (forty bucks.) My hairdresser puts some Moroccan oil on my and I sit under a dryer. My hair is like silk. At home I use Argan oil or one of the Wen oils. It's not as good as the big old hair dryer. The shop where I get a cut doesn't have a hair dryer. It's old lady stuff I guess.

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose wrote:

Hi ladies, Any recommendations for super duper hydrating moisturizing hair masks? 

I have long curly hair and this dry winter and indoor heating is not going easy on my hair.

Would love some advice. Smiley Happy

@mintedrose  I have curls, too. Love all the Shea Moisture products and Tweak’d. I deep condition twice a week and sometimes sleep w/ it on & shower it out in the morning. Also don’t wash my hair as often...run conditioner through wet hair on days I don’t shampoo. I use a satin pillow case so hair slides across it instead of snagging and use a microfiber towel instead of cotton terry.

Respected Contributor

Carols daughter monoi hair mask is very good. I also add to it the monoi head to toe oil, about 6 pumps. I do that with my daily conditioner too. L’Oréal Elvive line makes a great hair mask, comes in a tube. I have very challenged hair that I’ve been coloring and blowing out for 25 years. I don’t cut it often so I have to really rely on products to keep it alive. The greatest discovery I recently made is using a pre-shampoo treatment. It’s literally amazing, after using it and then shampooing and conditioning, there are literally zero hairs in my bath tub drain. Does not weigh the hair down. I’m so glad I tried it.