Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

I have color treated dry frizzy hair.  I wash my hair every third day but I tend to sweat when I sleep so I rinse everyday sometimes with apple cider vinegar and conditioner.  Because I wet my hair everyday I have to blow dry which I know is not helping the frizz.  Any suggestions for a hair care system or a routine for keeping my hair clean but less dry and frizzy?

@ninjawife My usual recommendations are regular deep conditioning (even sleep in it...shower out in the morning), use a microfiber towel instead of terry or cotton. Wrap hair turban style until most moisture is absorbed before blow drying to shorten the time heat is used, try to eliminate heated styling tools, use a satin pillow case (hair will slip across it instead of catching and breaking) AND consider your hair color situation. If you want to continue, try to do it less often.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

I have color treated dry frizzy hair.  I wash my hair every third day but I tend to sweat when I sleep so I rinse everyday sometimes with apple cider vinegar and conditioner.  Because I wet my hair everyday I have to blow dry which I know is not helping the frizz.  Any suggestions for a hair care system or a routine for keeping my hair clean but less dry and frizzy?

@ninjawife

I read an article not long ago about myths of hair washing.  It said that many people who have dry hair feel they should not wash their hair every day, but this is false.  You absolutely can wash every day and condition.  Use gentle products with as few chemicals as possible.  If frizz is a problem, try products which specifically say "moisturizing".  Try minimizing blow drying time.  If you have to, use a product specifically for heat protection.  Also, I find that addiing a bit of oil as a last step tames any fly-aways.  

Do you have a recommendation for a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner?  Also what type of oil do you use?

Respected Contributor

What do you think about Aquis and would you use that everyday?  I am supposing you would use it every time you wet your hair and in my case I do so I guess I would use it everyday.

Contributor

Sleep on a silk pillowcase!  My hair is no longer dry and frizzy looking and I attribute it to the pillowcase as my hair care routine is otherwise unchanged. 

Valued Contributor

I tend to have dry hair too...here is what I do...you need moisture in your hair like yesterday.  You need a deep hydration mask to use at lest weekly or perhaps twice weekly.  STOP blow-drying your hair.  I've not blown dried my hair in over ten years winter or summer.  You need to also have a hydrating leave-in conditioner on the days you do not apply the hydration mask. Moisturing shampoo and instant conditioner and a wide tooth comb.  Give it time and if is so damaged it is irrepairable, you may have to go pixie until you can restore the health of your hair shafts.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

@ninjawife

I read an article not long ago about myths of hair washing.  It said that many people who have dry hair feel they should not wash their hair every day, but this is false.  You absolutely can wash every day and condition.  Use gentle products with as few chemicals as possible.  If frizz is a problem, try products which specifically say "moisturizing".  Try minimizing blow drying time.  If you have to, use a product specifically for heat protection.  Also, I find that addiing a bit of oil as a last step tames any fly-aways.  

Do you have a recommendation for a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner?  Also what type of oil do you use?

@ninjawife

I switch around a lot.  I don't use anything expensive. I am using Suave at the moment -- it has almond oil in it --- in a light green bottle.  Another one I like is Tresemme - it says ulttra moisturiing or something like that on it.  You can buy both at Walmart.  I currently use Monoi oil which I bought at Walgreen but don't see it any more and bought it on line. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin