Super Contributor

I recently purchased head & shoulders Supreme Exfoliating.  It has good reveiews.  Not a shampoo, just a scalp scrub you use first and rinse, then shampoo.  It has Vit E and Argan oil in it.   Really took the itchies away and made my scalp feel more comfortable for a few extra days. A little difficult to find, but I ordered it from Target.

Frequent Contributor

My itchy scalp started back in my 50's. (Now 65). I looked at the ingredients and found the 2 ingredients that cause my scalp to itch terribly, Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methyisothiazolinone. Also sulfates and fragrance will cause my scalp to itch.

I use Cruelty-Free, natural shampoos. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  I own a few of the Acure shampoos.  I recently purchased Mario Badescu's Chamomile shampoo.  It takes care of build up yet it is gentle and i have experienced no itching and I believe it has sulfates  but probably at a low level.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Really?  I would think this would be the most gentle of all!  I mean -- they advertise it constantly for babies and even say it is good to use as an eye wash when you have issues!  I don't know any more.  I keep trying to find gentle products and think I am buying ones but then I guess I am not!  I tried the tea tree things and they did not work at all for me.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus 

Really?  I would think this would be the most gentle of all!  I mean -- they advertise it constantly for babies and even say it is good to use as an eye wash when you have issues!  I don't know any more.  I keep trying to find gentle products and think I am buying ones but then I guess I am not!  I tried the tea tree things and they did not work at all for me.  

@AngelPuppy1   I went through a 6 month period of dry scalp...never figured out why...derm recommended a medicated shampoo. She wrote an RX..did the trick. 

Honored Contributor

Take a look on amazon, a kids shampoo called HAPPY CAPPY, i am going to try it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

My scalp feels better now that I used DHS Zinc shampoo.  You can get it on the amazonian place. DHS also makes a shampoo that has no dyes or perfumes in it - and I have used that and recommend it to people who can't figure out what their scalp issue is.  After shamppoing, I use  Moroccan Gold Series Argan Treatment Mask - but I use it as a daily conditioner and really work it into my scalp (which the directions say to do).  It is very rich and you'd think it would make my roots feel and look greasy, but it doesn't.  I also take Phytophanere hair vitamins.  I was struggling with thinning hair with itchy scalp (sometimes crusty - gross, sorry) - and these three things are now what have worked for me long term.  I like to wash my hair every day, but now with the pandemic and my hair getting longer, I wash every other day. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Glad you were able to get your issue under control!  I did check the Johnson baby shampoo ingredients and it said no sulfates,etc.  I have been through so many shampoos and conditioners, I have no clue any more. ??? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@goldensrbest  I own a few of the Acure shampoos.  I recently purchased Mario Badescu's Chamomile shampoo.  It takes care of build up yet it is gentle and i have experienced no itching and I believe it has sulfates  but probably at a low level.

@Katcat1 

I had been using Acure shampoo and conditioner but I stopped because the itchiness was driving me nuts.

I've been using Suave Almond + Shea Butter and the itchiness stopped.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee  I will have to check it out -- thanks for the tip about Sauve.  I had a bad experience with Acure's SPF 15 face moisturizer.  Talk about greasy and sticky and I ended up with irritation (face red).  I need to pay attention how I feel when I use their shampoos.

kindness is strength