Respected Contributor

Dry Brushing Skin - anyone here do it?

I've been reading about dry brushing for helping cellulite and other skin benefits, and recently purchased a brush. I've only been using it for a few days, so obviously no results yet - I know it will take a while! Does anyone here dry brush their skin? If so, any tips or tricks, and what kind of results have you seen? Also, how long have you been doing it, and how long before you noticed benefits from it? Thanks, beauties!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Dry Brushing Skin - anyone here do it?

I have been dry brushing for about six years. I'm 53 years old, and my skin has no business looking as good as it does. The benefits of dry brushing are many, and at this point, I actually look forward to brushing. I bought two mitts for this purpose from the Facercise website. They are frequently sold out, but these mitts are better than anything else you can buy. I don't think I ever noticed that my skin was looking better, but my mom and husband both did! Cellulite is not a big problem for me, so I can't comment about those improvements, but I will say that your skin will be smoother, firmer, and better hydrated. I rarely use moisturizer except in the winter. If you self-tan, dry brushing will get your skin in perfect condition.

Respected Contributor

@booklover wrote:

I have been dry brushing for about six years. I'm 53 years old, and my skin has no business looking as good as it does. The benefits of dry brushing are many, and at this point, I actually look forward to brushing. I bought two mitts for this purpose from the Facercise website. They are frequently sold out, but these mitts are better than anything else you can buy. I don't think I ever noticed that my skin was looking better, but my mom and husband both did! Cellulite is not a big problem for me, so I can't comment about those improvements, but I will say that your skin will be smoother, firmer, and better hydrated. I rarely use moisturizer except in the winter. If you self-tan, dry brushing will get your skin in perfect condition.

Thank you for the info! Do you use the Sisal Mitt or the body glove? TIA!

Valued Contributor

i don't use a brush, but use a salux cloth (from amazon).  I started dry brushing ages ago Does anyone remember the anushka (sp) infomercials from the 90s?   Dry brushing was one of the components of her celluite reduction program; anyway, i bit on the kit back then, and I've kept brushing since.  It has worked well for me over the years (decades!).  I've recently also started using a good glycolic cleaner and lotion at night (glytone).  i don't think it helps with cellulite, but is another tool to keep spots at bay and keep the skin smooth. i find the cloth more efficient than a brush, but i think anything that gets circulation going and buffs the skin would do the trick.  whatever you use has to be kinda stiff though - no soft, cushy brushes!

Occasional Contributor

I use a sisal mitt and a horsehair mitt, both from the Carole Maggio website. The horsehair mitt is frequently sold out, but it's the one I prefer. I have washed the mitts dozens of times, and they last at least two years. I use a long natural-bristle brush for my back. I tried the cloth a few times, but it wasn't for me. Anything to get the lymphatic system flowing!

Super Contributor

I find it to be helpful in minimizing the crepiness on the inside of my arms.  You tube has several examples of drybrushing.