Honored Contributor

Dry Bar Hairdryer - Is it that good?

Am in need of a new hairdryer soon. Am very interested in what your thoughts are on the Dry Bar hairdryer if you have used it. I had never heard about the Dry Bar Salons where the only thing they do is wash and blowdry; nothing else. So my thought is that their hairdryer must be something pretty special to draw in the 100,000+ people each day at their salons. If you have one, I would love to hear about your experiences. They are pretty expensive on Amazon, so QVC seems to have the best price.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dry Bar Hairdryer - Is it that good?

I enjoy using my Drybar hairdryer and have owned it for 6+ months w/no problem! I would recommend it.

Thatsaid, I cannot use the product line since it gav me excema; I have sensitive/reactive skin and scalp.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for asking this question, WT, as I've often wondered this myself.  I'm thinking that my drugstore hair dryer is doing the job.  Would I look better if I upgraded? If I bought one and then returned it, shipping would be close to what I'd spend on a new one from a local retailer. Some comparison tales will be interesting.

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

I enjoy using my Drybar hairdryer and have owned it for 6+ months w/no problem! I would recommend it.

Thatsaid, I cannot use the product line since it gav me excema; I have sensitive/reactive skin and scalp.

Not familiar with their product line. Only thing I hear them talk about is the Sheriff hairspray. Is that what you were talking about?

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the T3 blow dryer and could see the difference in my hair. I never believed that one blow dryer was different or better than the next. I have fine hair and I color it quite a bit. I'm happy with my T3 and purchased anotehr one for my husband. The DryBar always catches my eye beause that looks even better but the T3 gives me good results and fits my budget.

Trusted Contributor

It can be a  $20.00 hair dryer or a $200.00 dryer. It's your styling skill on how to use it. The stylist on TV has access to a models head at all angles of course it looks good.  You are dealing with a professional hair stylist . Everything looks great until you order it and get the bill.

Honored Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:

It can be a  $20.00 hair dryer or a $200.00 dryer. It's your styling skill on how to use it. The stylist on TV has access to a models head at all angles of course it looks good.  You are dealing with a professional hair stylist . Everything looks great until you order it and get the bill.

Good point.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I purchased the T3 blow dryer and could see the difference in my hair. I never believed that one blow dryer was different or better than the next. I have fine hair and I color it quite a bit. I'm happy with my T3 and purchased anotehr one for my husband. The DryBar always catches my eye beause that looks even better but the T3 gives me good results and fits my budget.

T3??? A model of the DryBar or totally different company?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought one at Xmas time last year.  I returned it.  Too much money and it dried my hair out really bad.  I saw no noticeable difference in this dryer; esp for the money they wanted.  I also found it very heavy and difficult to maneuver.  I have a Babybliss right now that I like a lot.  My daughter took my previous Babybliss so I replaced it with another.  It's been going strong with not a problem.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

I've had a Buttercup for about 9 months and I like it.  Do I think it was worth is?  Probably not.  It a lot quieter than my old Conair, and sounds like a deep purr which I like.  I like the way that it looks, I think that it feels nice and I have no complaints about it.  It drys my hair fast and isn't too hot, plus I like the cool shot button.  It has a replacement dust screen too, which is nice.  I do think that I could have gotten a blowdryer for less than $100 that I was just as happy with.  Costco had the T3 featherweight for $89 and I probably should have gotten that instead.