Honored Contributor

Re: Drunk Elephant

[ Edited ]

I've used their C product almost since it's debut.

Now using DE almost exclusively only adding 2 long term isomers & my Retin A.

Find them excellent for my skin, and despite initial cost, products last a good while.  Overall, MUCH less costly than continually shopping new / different, Cruelty Free products looking for the perfect regime for me.

Thumbs Up You Marvelous Elephants!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

@granny me wrote:

If you are a skincare lover, I recommend highly you try the Drunk Elephant line. I am using the entire line and my skin looks amazing. I am not saying my skin is line free or sagging has stopped, but I am saying my skin glows, my acne has been reduced to almost nil. I don't say this often about skincare, but this worth the price. I have never been a soap user but I use the peeka bar in the AM and JUJU in the evening. I have been using this line about three months and the Baby Facial about three weeks.

Hi Granny me,

I appreciate your honest review on these products.  Many beauty you-tubers rave about the Drunk Elephant C Serum. Glad it is working for you.

asltw

Honored Contributor

Plenty of it listed on ebay.

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Plenty of it listed on ebay.

the prices are crazy, it's cheaper to buy from a retailer.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Their C Firma is my favorite out of the line. Their pump dispenser definitely protects it from being exposed to any air. Not a fan of the Sheer Umbra SPF. No matter how I tried it pilled on me. It can be used on face and body and did not like it on either part of my body. Their face cream is very nice and again in a pump so ingredients aren't exposed to the air. My newest product from them is the Babyfacial. Wow this stuff is wonderful. I use Retin A so I was concerned that this would be too harsh but it is not. Their products are quite pricey. Fortunately I haven't fallen in love with the entire line. As others have mentioned the name of this line is not offensive at all. There is a true meaning behind the name Drunk Elephant.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

Their C Firma is my favorite out of the line. Their pump dispenser definitely protects it from being exposed to any air. Not a fan of the Sheer Umbra SPF. No matter how I tried it pilled on me. It can be used on face and body and did not like it on either part of my body. Their face cream is very nice and again in a pump so ingredients aren't exposed to the air. My newest product from them is the Babyfacial. Wow this stuff is wonderful. I use Retin A so I was concerned that this would be too harsh but it is not. Their products are quite pricey. Fortunately I haven't fallen in love with the entire line. As others have mentioned the name of this line is not offensive at all. There is a true meaning behind the name Drunk Elephant.

@Tricolor

Hello!  Haven't seen you in a long time.  Best wishes!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I agree with you regarding the Sheer Umbra SPF.  I really wanted to like it because of the protection it offers.  However, I found it pilled on me and my foundation over it looked awful. The consistency is too thick!  I really hope that the company will consider reformulating it.  I also found the T.L.C. Glycolic Night Serum to be a bit strong for my skin.  However, I love the C Firma and the B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel.  Too bad some folks rule out this skincare line because of its name, without even finding out the meaning behind it!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jump4joy2 wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

I agree with you regarding the Sheer Umbra SPF.  I really wanted to like it because of the protection it offers.  However, I found it pilled on me and my foundation over it looked awful. The consistency is too thick!  I really hope that the company will consider reformulating it.  I also found the T.L.C. Glycolic Night Serum to be a bit strong for my skin.  However, I love the C Firma and the B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel.  Too bad some folks rule out this skincare line because of its name, without even finding out the meaning behind it!!

@Jump4joy2 That is one of the products I have NOT tried, thanks for the info.  

Looked long and hard at BabyFacial, but passed until I finish my TACHA stash. Good to know @Tricolor that it works with Retin A, I had the same concern that it might be too strong.

Along with the C, I also like the Shaba Complex Eye Serum.  One of VERY few that does not sting my eyes, or cause them to swell!

Respected Contributor

@Jump4joy2,I am so glad to hear that you didn't like their SPF. I kept thinking it was just me because I also really wanted to like this stuff. You are so right it doesn't work with foundation at all. Since I was only using it on my face, I decided to try it on my body. WHOA! Big mistake. My black leather seats in my car had white marks everywhere. I knew my husband would be freaking so I worked like the devil to clean up the mess. 

Respected Contributor

@Drythe, I need to try their eye cream again. Tried it last year but don't remember why I stopped using it. I do like the applicator in that it is not an open jar. Good seeing you too BTW.