Super Contributor

Re: Drugstore lipsticks I like

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda wrote:

My favorite lipstick of ALL TIME was  L'OREAL MYSTIC MAUVE.  It was discontinued and I've had the hardest time finding a lipstick simular to it.. Most are to orange or red on me.  I'm looking one with a slight mauve/brownish tint.  No luck yet.

Maybelline On the Mauve #445 might work for you...it's my go to lipstick!

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

I think drugstore color cosmetic lines are stepping up their game and these are some of the lipsticks that I've bought this past year and really like:

Revlon Cushion Lip Tint in the shade 230 Naughty Mauve. This is a liquid lipstick with a sponge top applicator click pen case. The color is a mauvy berry shade that isn't too dark and has a comfortable satin finish.

Covergirl Melting Pout Vinyl Vow in the shade 210 Kiss, Kiss. This has the texture between a full gloss and a satin gloss. It's not heavily pigmented like the Covergirl Melting Pout lipsticks in a squeeze tube. The Vinyl Vow comes in a tube with a silver cap and has a pointed doe foot applicator. I think of this color as my lips but better as it's a dusty rose nude shade. It's not sticky at all.

Maybelline Colorsensations 376 Pink For Me lipstick. This is a cream formula and the color is a muted dusty rose color. It's not colorfast in that it comes off on the lid of my Starbucks cup but the color is the perfect shade that I always am looking for in a lipstick. I notice in store that this shade is the one that is usually sold out. I hope Maybelline will make this a permanent color.

Catrice Tinted Lip Glow balm. This is a color change lipstick but the color change is subtle and not obnoxious. The case is a traditional liptick case in a metallic pink. In Canada Shoppers Drug Mart sells Catrice. In the U.S. Ulta sells Catrice (Both Catrice and Essence are owned by the same parent company Cosanova.)

I purchased the Pink for Me from a recommendation on this board. I like it very much but not crazy about Maybelline scent/taste. More of a soft pretty rose than a pink. Thank you to whomever made the recommendation.

Trusted Contributor

LOREAL Colour Riche Mica 620.  It's a mauvy pink shade and I've been wearing it for years and hope they never quit making it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kabella - oh thank you very much for your recommendation !!!  I certainly appreciate it.

Honored Contributor

Wet 'n Wild MegaLast  lippies are quite good...long lasting, many colors at a terrifically low price point of usually around $3 to $4, sometimes less. Top-rated, too.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007 

Oooo, really like the Rose Velvet.  Will have to check it out.  Thanks for sharing.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

are these lead free?

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I like Revlon and Rimmel. Plus I figure if I don't love the lip color, I haven't spent that much.....Uusally I go for the same color family, so I almost always like the shade.....

Esteemed Contributor

@sarahpanda 

Check out Butter London lipsticks. Available at Ulta, possibly other places too. There many shades that fit that "slightly mauve/brownish tint" you're looking for. It's fairly long lasting and feels great on the lips. Not drying, either. I recently purchased several of these mlbb shades from one of the morning show promo sales after trying it at Ulta. My  colors are very much like you described, with varying degrees of depth.   I was very impressed. Watch for sales, including the BL website, which btw, has great pics of the various shades shown on multiple skintones. Highly, highly recommended! ♡♡♡

@sarahpanda wrote:

My favorite lipstick of ALL TIME was  L'OREAL MYSTIC MAUVE.  It was discontinued and I've had the hardest time finding a lipstick simular to it.. Most are to orange or red on me.  I'm looking one with a slight mauve/brownish tint.  No luck yet.

Respected Contributor

to RochelleS:     THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT !   I'll check the line out !