Esteemed Contributor

Drugstore lipsticks I like

[ Edited ]

I think drugstore color cosmetic lines are stepping up their game and these are some of the lipsticks that I've bought this past year and really like:

Revlon Cushion Lip Tint in the shade 230 Naughty Mauve. This is a liquid lipstick with a sponge top applicator click pen case. The color is a mauvy berry shade that isn't too dark and has a comfortable satin finish.

Covergirl Melting Pout Vinyl Vow in the shade 210 Kiss, Kiss. This has the texture between a full gloss and a satin gloss. It's not heavily pigmented like the Covergirl Melting Pout lipsticks in a squeeze tube. The Vinyl Vow comes in a tube with a silver cap and has a pointed doe foot applicator. I think of this color as my lips but better as it's a dusty rose nude shade. It's not sticky at all.

Maybelline Colorsensations 376 Pink For Me lipstick. This is a cream formula and the color is a muted dusty rose color. It's not colorfast in that it comes off on the lid of my Starbucks cup but the color is the perfect shade that I always am looking for in a lipstick. I notice in store that this shade is the one that is usually sold out. I hope Maybelline will make this a permanent color.

Catrice Tinted Lip Glow balm. This is a color change lipstick but the color change is subtle and not obnoxious. The case is a traditional liptick case in a metallic pink. In Canada Shoppers Drug Mart sells Catrice. In the U.S. Ulta sells Catrice (Both Catrice and Essence are owned by the same parent company Cosanova.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Drugstore lipsticks I like

Jordana.

Respected Contributor

My favorite two drugstore lipsticks are:

Revlon in Rose Velvet

s-l640.jpg

And Maybelline in Clay Crush

3183691ba4a44c980cb2df6a6af0c850.jpg

Respected Contributor

I'm enthusiastic when I find a lipstick I don't have to keep reapplying. There are others, but these are the drugstore brands. They all come off easily with Neutrogena Makeup Remover on a cotton round. I like a matte look. The only thing that causes a partial reapply is a really greasy meal like basil pesto.

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick

This stuff is amazing. I went all over Israel for two weeks and women were asking how my lipstick was always perfect. This is the go-to. 

wet n' wild Liquid Catsuit

Rimmel Stay Matte

This is good if you want a more sheer finish.

Kokie Liquid Poudre

I've only seen this at Rite-Aid where I live in California.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007   Pretty colors....nudes with benefits. 

Trusted Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

My favorite two drugstore lipsticks are:

Revlon in Rose Velvet

s-l640.jpg

And Maybelline in Clay Crush

3183691ba4a44c980cb2df6a6af0c850.jpg

Those are so pretty. Think I'm going to the drugstore tomorrow Smiley Happy

⚓️
Honored Contributor

The most important thing to me in a lipstick is its staying power.  If I just want a bit of color without worrying about matching anything, I put on a dash of Mood Matcher.  It'll still be there hours later despite eating and drinking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love drugstore lipstiks! 

I use a lot of Covergirl ones and find them to be long wearing.

I posted quite a while back about Joah.  These are the ones I have been wearing for several months now.  I like the matte ones.  They really stay on well.

Revlon has such beautiful colors but with the exception of their long wearing ones, they do not last on me.  Maybelline is the same way.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

My favorite lipstick of ALL TIME was  L'OREAL MYSTIC MAUVE.  It was discontinued and I've had the hardest time finding a lipstick simular to it.. Most are to orange or red on me.  I'm looking one with a slight mauve/brownish tint.  No luck yet.

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda  You should try Milani's #27 Dulce Caramelo. It has  It does last long with a pearl finish.