Respected Contributor

Re: Drugstore lip gloss help

[ Edited ]

I like the Burts Bees too!! It is reasonable in price too. Nice colors.

Frequent Contributor

Ooo, thanks for the reference.  I just got one of these...I think it's the Rose.  Haven't tried it yet.

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@jobiz 

Oooh -- those are very pretty colors.

I no longer wear lipstick or gloss because it just ends up on my teeth.  Not a good look.  And so many glosses are just so sticky.

Living in New Mexico means keeping a lip balm on your person at all times.  I started using Burt's Bees balms (say that three times fast) and then discovered they offered tinted balms.

I had used their lip shimmers in the past and appreciated the variety of colors.  Flattering.

But now I'm using their tinted balms in Rose and Hibiscus and I really like them.

tinted balm

The company has really expanded their lip category.  You might want to check out their website and look at all the options.  Lots of choices!

Can anyone read what the 3rd color down from the top is?  The one under Red Dahlia?  I'm liking Zinnia and that 3rd one.  Thanks.

@jellyBEAN 

That should be Rose.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

My favorite drugstore tinted lip Balm is Burt Bee's. Love the Zinna which pulls peach on me & also the Rose. 

Regular Contributor

I also use Burt's Bees tinted lip balm and their glosses.  I usually layer the balm first and then a coordinating color gloss.  The colors aren't very intense, just a nice sheen.  Also, to me, the gloss isn't sticky...which is great.  

Frequent Contributor

BB Rose looks very dark in the tube but goes on nice and sheer.  I wanted Zinnia but the store was out of it.

Instead, I got a trio of Nyx Butter Gloss...nice neutral colors, vanilla-ish scent.