Respected Contributor

Drugstore brand shampoo & conditioner for dry, color treated hair

Help me find a drugstore brand shampoo and conditioner for dry, color treated hair.  What about Dove?  I was at the drugstore yesterday and they had all the Dove shampoos and conditioners in lock boxes!?!?

Thanks in advance

Honored Contributor

Re: Drugstore brand shampoo & conditioner for dry, color treated hair

@ninjawife wrote:

Help me find a drugstore brand shampoo and conditioner for dry, color treated hair.  What about Dove?  I was at the drugstore yesterday and they had all the Dove shampoos and conditioners in lock boxes!?!?

Thanks in advance

@ninjawife

Wow.  You don't live in Albuquerque, do you?  Our Walmart's beauty section has a whole aisle under lock and key.  Sad commentary on the state of our civilization.

Speaking of Walmart, my hair has been a disaster lately so, on a whim (born of desperation), I picked up a pack of Suave shampoo and conditioner for under five bucks.  Got the almond and shea butter formula -- two 28-ounce bottles.

My hair looks and feels like hair again.  Go figure.

Check out their website.  They also have a color protection formula.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

Thanks in advance

So strange (and sad) about having to lock up shampoos!

@ninjawife this is not a drugstore brand and it was expensive but the best conditioner I have found is the Davines OI conditioner.  I got a sample when I was doing the Birchbox subscription then splurged on a larger jar.  I had been using the Instyler to curl my hair and started noticing that my hair was getting dry and rough looking.  I guess maybe te Instyler was just too hot for my hair.  This conditioner worked wonders!  I am not using it every day but just every so often when my hair looks like it needs it.  The jar was around $60 I think but I bought it back in the fall and still have plenty left so it was worth the expense,  Just thought I would mention it because it was so amazing for me.  

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

Thanks in advance

I can understand locking the products that are $15, $20+, but Dove?

Did you ask anyone why they're doing this? I looked online and couldn't find anything specific to Dove. I wonder if you sniff it . . . 

Trusted Contributor

@ninjawife  I try to switch shampoos & conditioners every 3 months.  Right now I am using L'Oreal Color Vibrancy Intensive Shampoo & Conditioner.  I think it works as well as any. 

But I also suggest you trying Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine leave in conditioner. It makes a big difference in appearance,  fly aways & dry hair. It only takes a very small amount for short hair (dime size)

Respected Contributor

I've been buying shampoo and conditioner for my color treated hair at my local whole foods store (not the big Whole Foods chain).   

I saw an ad for Ever Pure by L'Oreal .  Normally, I avoid L'Oreal because it is not cruelty free but this line is and is seems to have better ingredients.  It has several variations/combos and all are sulfate free.   I really like it and it's in the $5.00-6.00 range here in SE PA.  

Respected Contributor

I love the new line from Loreal that is sulfate free.  They have different ones, but the one I use is a repair one.  Lots of shine, softness, and body for my dry, curly hair.

Honored Contributor

"Suave shampoo and conditioner for under five bucks. "

Get's a ThumbsUp!.giffrom me.

I did purchase a 40 oz bottle of Dove conditioner for dry air for which included free 40 0z bottles of shampoo & body wash for $6 from BJ's.  For that price I couldn't resist.  Haven't tried it yet as I have enough Suave to last till 2018. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Image result for finesse shampoo

I just read that this shampoo and conditioner is suppose to be good. For the price, it would be worth the try.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently bought Dove Shampoo and conditioner and  did NOT like it at all and gave it to my daughter and granddaughter.

I also bought the body wash and it smelled awful.

I was very dissapointed.