Honored Contributor

Drugstore Shampoo and more....

Maui Moisture: Lightweight Hydration + Hibiscus Water. This particular formula works very well for me. Backstory, My hair isn't colored, silver grey and not thick or course. MM has a large selection of choices, depending on

individual needs, and concerns. Especially love the one mentioned above my hair never feels greasy, or limp, results hydrated and shiney. 

Shea Moisture: Lavender & Wild Orchid Body Wash- for sensitive skin.

My all time favorite. Little goes along way. Luxurious experience.

Finally, Josie's Maran line. Love!  Latest, Body & Facial Scrubs. 

Of course, Body-Butters and Argon Oil and several more items.

Few of my favorites. 💜

Trusted Contributor

Re: Drugstore Shampoo and more....

@Sweet_Serenity  I was spending a fortune on shampoos - I have greying, very dry curly/wavy hair that gets frizzy in humidity. Hate it!

I started with Elvie (L'oreal) in a pink bottle, no more frizz, or very little.  Found a paddle style hair dryer (revlon) and what a total transformation! 

Drug store shampoo and hairdryer.  Who'd a thunk! 

Respected Contributor

I have bought many shampoos through the years both expensive and cheap and for volume, color treated, thinning hair etc etc.  I am now using Herbal essense.  I wear my hair short and get it cut every 3 to 4 weeks so just clean is all that matters anymore.   

Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

Should have mentioned my hairstylist. The importance of a wonderful style for me made the difference. Plus, Find less products works for me. 

Trusted Contributor

thanks for your review Sweet S.  Everytime I go into Bed Bath, I stop to look at the MM display.  I have wavy/curly hair that I've been coloring forever and want to try this.

I've been using WEN for several years, and DevaCurl No Poo, but the last time I got my hair cut, the stylist told me I should use shampoo also.

Now I can finally try it!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maui Moisture: For more information visit online.

Honored Contributor

My hair is very thick, dry and coarse.  But I have a lot of body.  Even humidity does not affect my hair. So the bare basic shampoos would work fine.   For a long time I just got drugstore shampoos/conditioners, etc.  About 4 years ago I decided to switch to hair stylist shampoos.  So far, they're fine.  Same thing to me.  Just more concentrated.

Honored Contributor

@songbird 

Isn't wonderful when something simple works. For sure, I'm not about complex solutions. My mantra: keep it simple. In all areas of life. Really, works for me. 

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity I've been using the Maui Moisture for 4 days and my hair is getting better each day!  

I am 73 and my previously super thick wavy shiny hair has become grey which is always problematic,and thin, limp, flat and had lost its wave/curl.  This shampoo seems to have helped immediately.

For me sometimes it is just switching things out and trying new products or fewer too that will help, but I definitely feel that this shampoo has made a big difference.

Today my hair looked pretty amazing, thick, with some waves and shine, minimal styling needed.  I do blow dry it, can't do the air dry thing, and it looked great.

It's also very very humid here but not hot and it isn't frizzing at all, in fact it is behaving like when I was young, getting more voluminous, whereas in the recent past it has gone flat to my head in damp weather.  Hmmmm.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@author 

Honored that you took the time to share your experience. Thank you. Heart