Honored Contributor

Drugstore Setting Spray No Beuno

Second time in two months I've tried a drugstore dupe and second time I've been disappointed.  Can't recall what the first product was but today I tried the NYX Mattifying Primer.  When I use my All Nighter primer and pat sweat from my face, the paper towel is clear.  When I did the same today with the NYX primer, there was makeup (POWDER foundation at that), there was some transferred.  Bummer.  It was better than no setting spray at all tho.  

The Colourpop Just a Tint lip crayon (which is more than just a hint) is LONG wearing.  This will be a repurchase for sure.

The Colourpop Blush Stix is probably fine, I'm just not good at applying cream blush.  And I've rediscovered Rare Beauty's liquid blush in Bliss.  I forgot how pretty and soft it is.

It's been a busy couple of days with birthday celebrations.  My granddaughter and dad.  I feel so bless to still have my dad with me at 87.  I told my mom today that she's taken good care of him for 68 years Smiley Happy

Hope everyone is keeping as cool as possible.  We (Texas) have two more months of unbearable heat.

Bliss

Honored Contributor

Re: Drugstore Setting Spray No Beuno

@monicakm  - I like long wearing lip products.  The Color Pop lip tint is something I'd like to try.

Honored Contributor

MILANI makes excellent setting sprays. I like the Make it Last version. Each about $10.

Milani Setting Spray Trio | Milani

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

UD All Nighter makes me break out something horrible. 

I'm not the biggest setting spray user.  In fact the only reason I started using one consistently is because I kept receiving them in my monthly BoxyCharm so I didn't want them to go to waste. It became more of a habit than anything.  LOL

I have used the Milani setting sprays and I really like them.  Out of the drugstore ones I've tried I think these are the best.  I even liked the new peach scented one. I never use a mattifying one because I already have dry skin.   

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - I have the NYX mattifying setting spray.  Used it only once maybe twice and to be honest, now I can't remember what I thought of it.  Live near the CA coast so it doesn't get warm here like it does in TX so don't have the same issues re heat and humidity that you do.

Rare Beauty liquid blush - where do you get it?  How does liquid blush work?  Isn't it basically the same as a cream blush?  What's the consistency like?