Respected Contributor

Drugstore Loose Powder Foundation Recommendation

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have a DRUGSTORE loose powder foundation that they can recommend?  I've searched the forum and can't find any current threads that address LOOSE powder foundation.  I am 55 with combo skin.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Drugstore Loose Powder Foundation Recommendation

I know Coty makes one. I have never used it but I hear good things about it. Good luck. 

Valued Contributor

@mare54

I was going to say the same about Coty.  It must be good: it has been around for decades!

Coty Airspun.  I even like the n ame. 

Valued Contributor

We owned little drug store and we sold Coty. It was the high end stuff at the time. Good memories. That was the early 60’s. Yes it has been around a long time. I know it’s fairly inexpensive too. Don’t remember what it cost then. I do remember our nickel cokes however! 

Esteemed Contributor

That Coty airspun has been around a loong time. My mother used it,it looked nice on her.  I've never worn powder,powder is not my friend.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Thanks, everyone!  I found the Coty on Wal-Mart's website and three of the colors that might work are available at my local store.  Inexpensive, and I can take it back if I don't like it.  I absolutely love Lauren Hutton's aqua elements loose foundation, but it hasn't been made in years, and I am about to the end of my stash.  I've tried liquid foundations with primers as well as pressed mineral foundation, but they always end up settling in my lines and wrinkles.  

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg  I would also look at Loreal and Neutrogena.  You can always return any product you are not pleased with.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have one from Cover Girl that is nice.  Also, I know Almay has one, but I haven't tried it, although I do like just about every Almay product I've tried. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Hi @AinhisgWoman Happy,

I know you said loose powder, but this one is a pressed mineral powder and it's all I use for a foundation. The coverage is light to medium, not full, and is buildable. There's no drying talc and the powder is very finely milled so it goes on like silk. It gives a semi-matte finish that doesn't turn shiny by the end of the day. I buy mine in a 3-pack from Amazon for less than $20. I had to buy a couple of different shades before I found the right one but the cost was so reasonable it was worth the few failed tries. Comes in a bunch of shades, more than I've shown here:

L.A. Colors Pressed Mineral Powderla-colors-mineral-pressed-power-cheap-cosmetics-pick6deals-akh1051_1.jpg

Honored Contributor

Before I used Clinique loose, I always used Revlon Colorstay (pressed) or Loreal loose.