Honored Contributor

Re: Drugstore Dupe for IT Tightline Waterproof Mascara

I picked up the Maybelline version today at Walmart. It was $6.72. I really like the IT Tightline but it seems like there is less and less product in each tube I open. It only lasts me about 2-3 weeks. 

Contributor

I have tried many dozens of mascaras over the decades, from Dior, Lancome and down the line to Maybelline, which I feel is excellent in just about every type they sell.

I tried the It Tightline when a friend ordered a two-pack, and found it absurdly expensive compared to Maybelline, which is waterproof, long wearing and remains soft on the lashes Not just due to the price, but in every way, I found the Maybelline to be superior.

Respected Contributor

The NYX Skinny Mascara is also a great dupe for the IT one!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

L'Oreal Telescopic has a super skinny brush too.

Honored Contributor

Lash Discovery was my favorite mascara.  However, they stopped making the brown/black shade.  I have no idea why.  Sometimes I will buy the black but prefer a brownish black.  I used that mascara exclusively until they made the change.  Never clumps, gives great length, and does not flake.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

For those of you who use or have used the Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara, would you mind describing the consistency of the product?  I ask because I recently purchased a tube, and the mascara looks like velvet on the wand -- it has a very dry consistency.  Is it supposed to be like that or should it be more creamy in texture? 

Honored Contributor

Good to know about what brands have that super skinny brush. I am using the tightline and its pretty good but mostly its the brush I like. Had chemo 5 years ago, so lost all my hair--which grew back escept that my lashes are a mess; short, very sparse and go off at weird angles--that tiny brush really helps get to the scrawny ones.