Honored Contributor

Re: Drinking Water is Crucial to Your Beauty Routine.....

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

It's good for health, in general. Last month I was dehydrated and feeling lethargic. I started to get really sleepy around 2-3pm and it was hard to stay awake. I realized I was hardly drinking any liquids during the day. I started bringing my water bottle back to work every day and fill it with 24 ounces of filtered water every morning, with a squirt of Mio. I make it my goal to finish the bottle before lunch, refill at lunch, and finish a second bottle before I go home. I find that I feel much better and am no longer lethargic in the afternoons. I made no other changes to my diet or lifestyle.

I work 12.5-hour night shifts at the hospital and everyone around me drinks coffee, Coke and energy drinks.  I just guzzle water all night.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Remaining well-hydrated is always a good goal. But as along as you do drink enough liquids, drinking more will do nothing for your beauty routine.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I carry a large plastic cup of water (with a lid & straw) around with me all day long; otherwise, I don't drink enough. I feel so much better when I am fully hydrated. I can really feel the difference when I'm not. 

Yes, you can count juice and soda, but drinking a lot of juice is not much better than drinking soda. Fruit juice = sugar water. Sure it tastes good and may have some health benefits, but I would not drink more than a small glass of juice a day, except for vegetable juices. 

I like the taste of water, but you can always add citrus fruits or cucumber slices to your water for added flavor. I would stay away from artificial flavors--no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Beverages like Gatorade and Propel are okay if you are working out a lot and need to replace electrolytes, but there are negative effects to having too many electrolytes, which replace the body's sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, so use them wisely. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
I put lots of bottled water in the fridge this morning. I don't plan on overdoing it, but I want to look as "beautiful" as possible. 😊

ETA: I'm just remembering, two of my doctors mentioned to me a couple of months ago, that I should drink water. I said to the one, well I drink a lot of ice tea, he said, NO, that doesn't count, you have to drink plain water. Of course I haven't listened to him. But I do intend to get some plain water into me more frequently.
Valued Contributor

I am very lucky b/c I've always really just loved drinking plain, 'ol water. Sure, I have the occasional iced tea and drink coffee in the morning (oh, and the occasional soda, too). But all day long I'm drinking water. I think it's one of the only "saving graces" of for my weird, sometimes troubled skin! I have Rosacea and often dry and sensitive skin. I can only imagine that it would be worse if I didn't drink a ton of water. 

I read a book by a trainer once who recommends drinking about 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water. So if someone is 150lbs, they should be drinking 75oz of water daily. Don't know if this has been substantiated by medical testing or claims, but it was this one trainer's mantra. 

I have one son who literally guzzles water like I do all day long and another who I to remind to drink water.