Trusted Contributor

Drinking Water is Crucial to Your Beauty Routine.....

DermStore sent me an email with a link regarding the benefits of drinking plenty of water. I'm going to start drinking more water. I'm either drinking coffee, ice tea, or diet soda. I hope it's ok to post this link. I'm posting with my iPad so I can't preview if the link will work.

http://www.dermstore.com/blog/why-water-should-be-in-everyones-beauty-routine-infographic/?utm_campa...
Trusted Contributor

Re: Drinking Water is Crucial to Your Beauty Routine.....

I don't drink enough water.  I am not a soda drinker at all, I just don't drink enough liquids, I would love ideas.

Trusted Contributor

I'd like more ideas too. There is the flavored water, like "Propel", you can get in the grocery store. Any other suggestions?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My doctor who does research at NIH told me that most liquids can be counted as water; particularly tea and most juices. I was surprised but take his word especially about the tea.  Of course, sodas are not good for us at all so avoid them,diet soda is worst of all, so he said and he has done the research.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I need to drink more water too.  Recently purchased a water pitcher with an infuser.  So far I've made watermelon and cucumber/mint flavors.  Not bad.

Guess it's especially important in this hot weather.

Edited to add:  I live (by choice) way out in the woods and have a 345 foot deep well.  The water tastes wonderful and I have it tested every two years.  It's great water so I don't have to purchase water.  I even like fresh water, still don't take time to drink it.  But adding the pretty fruit helps it look  nice and puts in a little flavor w/o sugars, etc.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

They also now say coffee counts even though previously they said it was dehydrating. I drink water all day and still feel parched! Must be a side effect from meds but it's getting ridiculous. My labs are good so they just ignore it.
Trusted Contributor

Drythe, that sounds like a good idea.

Honored Contributor

During summer, I love to add cucumber slices or orange slices to my water- so refreshing and helps me drink more. I don't even like cucumber to eat but it just makes water taste so fresh and clean and refreshing.  I am bad about drinking water in winter though since I only like cold water and it is hard to drink cold water when it is cold out. But I do drink lots of caffeine free hot teas so that does help with the water count. I can definitely tell a difference in my skin when I haven't been drinking enough water.

Trusted Contributor

I'm surprised about the coffee. It's good to know that ice tea counts. I drink it year round. I'm on auto delivery with Amazon, Twinings Cold Tea. Easy to make and tastes very good.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's good for health, in general. Last month I was dehydrated and feeling lethargic. I started to get really sleepy around 2-3pm and it was hard to stay awake. I realized I was hardly drinking any liquids during the day. I started bringing my water bottle back to work every day and fill it with 24 ounces of filtered water every morning, with a squirt of Mio. I make it my goal to finish the bottle before lunch, refill at lunch, and finish a second bottle before I go home. I find that I feel much better and am no longer lethargic in the afternoons. I made no other changes to my diet or lifestyle.