Honored Contributor

Welcome @CinnamonBear99 

I would never try to look 30 when I'm 63 but I am trying to look 35 with red light therapy Smiley Wink

ps...there is my black and white Sephora canvas in the background.  

CB.jpg

Honored Contributor

I will bet that everyone has some though about someone based on their appearance.  I just don't buy that people do not.

Whether you call it "like" or "dislike" or "I wouldn't wear that" or call it an opinion or judgmental--you have some opinion.  Maybe "how awful" or "good for her" or whatever.

That's fine. It's how you treat that person that matters. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dressing your age?

[ Edited ]

I think most women have an idea of what looks good on them or maybe is just comfortable.  I know the older I get and due to some medical conditions I have, I dress accordingly.

What  I consider not too old or too young might not be what someone else thinks.

For example, I have a venous leg. It's not pretty so I prefer slacks. I love v-necks but not too low as I have an ugly scar from open heart surgery. 

Personally, think I dress my age but I don't see 72 as real old so I try to find clothes that never go out of style (at least to me they don't) like jackets and blazers over a cute Tee with slacks.

I think it's a matter of "to each his own" as my Dad used to say! There are some things I see out there that I wouldn't wear but I have learned.... you take people in life....where they are. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am pretty conservative at age 67....people comment I look elegant. I guess that is a complement?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Welcome @CinnamonBear99 

I would never try to look 30 when I'm 63 but I am trying to look 35 with red light therapy Smiley Wink

ps...there is my black and white Sephora canvas in the background.  

CB.jpg

OMG😁

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I think it would make a good Halloween mask except that the lights are so bright and close to your face that the only thing you can see in the dark are screens (tv, computer, phone, Google Hub).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know what a 50 year old is supposed to wear but I like to have fun with fashion. A little touch of the unexpected here and there. I am a chameleon when it comes to style.  The only rule I have is to not draw overt attention to certain body parts. 

Super Contributor

SeaMaiden, It certainly is a compliment!!!

Honored Contributor

I really can't tell if I dress my age or not.  One thing I have never worn and will never wear is a shirt with words on it.  Any words...quotes or words telling me or others how to feel.  Those are, afaik, always on t-shirts and I don't wear t-shirts either.  Does the younger generation wear capris?  That's all I wear during the warm months.  Capris and fancy sandals.  I sinned and wore white yesterday.  White capris.

2,472 Embarrassed Emoji Illustrations & Clip Art - iStock

I just had to get one more wear out of one of my favorite ensembles.    When Texas gets the memo that it's Fall, I'll wear jeans with navy socks and navy Sketchers to make my short self look a little longer!

Honored Contributor

I think the question is all wrong ....  "dressing your age" can mean a vast variety of things to a variety of women, of all ages.

Anyone here remember the stories about the "catwoman" Jocelyn Wildenstein?  Too many plastic surgeries for too many years.  Good thing she already had money. 

I recall some interview where she said people constantly thought she wanted to "look younger' .... and that just wasn't true.

What was true, she said, is that she just didn't want to look any older .....   

Interesting distinction, IMO.