Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. denese and breakouts anyone?

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

The Defense Day Cream has zinc oxide in it, which I can't use because it irritates my skin. I do use the hydroshield and love it. It's never caused me to breakout, but everyone is different.

If I think something is causing a breakout, I stop using it and set it aside until my skin clears, then try it again. If it breaks me out a second time, I throw it out. Many times I've found that something I thought caused a breakout wasn't the culprit- and other times it was. Some of the things I thought caused a breakout have gone on to become favorite products, which is why I usually try to replicate the breakout before I write something off. If I get cystic acne, I'm less likely to try again, but generally speaking, I usually try to replicate before I toss something out.

Also, timing is important. Breakouts don't occur immediately after using a topical product. It takes some time for them to form.

But a product can cause irritation right away and an allergic reaction as well (hives, rash, itching, burning, etc.).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland