Respected Contributor

Dr. denese and breakouts anyone?

I started using the hydroshield and love that for a couple of weeks and then added the day cream.  Now my face is broken out.  I have a zit on my chin and lip.  That looks great on my 64 year old saggy face.  Just wondering if the day cream has caused anyone else that problem.  I don't really like it so I will send it back but want to continue with the hydroshield.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dr. denese and breakouts anyone?

No problem for me, and I have used this for several years.  Something in either/both products doesn't agree with you.  Who needs a Zit.  Send it back.  Sorry it didn't work out for you.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

Her products are full of silicone. I do not like them.

Trusted Contributor

I am careful not to put certain of her products over the T zone or eye are, so as to reduce the chance of clogged pores.

With the face cream I got that in a kit.  I use it, over hydrosheild, on my hands.

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I really like and respect Dr. Denese quite a bit.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to use her Hydroshield and Day Cream.  I did like the MD 33 Neck Cream and had a good experience with the Advanced Firming Pads when I used them.

Respected Contributor

Hydroshield also broke me out badly due to silicones. Send it back; dealing w/wrinkles is tough enough w/out having acne on top of that to deal with.

Occasional Contributor

That cream gave me cystic type zits within 2 days.  It has been a long time since I used her products, but I think the hydroshield also broke me out.  They did have the benefit of making a lightbulb go off in my head telling me that I need to avoid cones.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wasn't sure if you meant her dream cream day cream or the SPF 30 day cream.  I use her SPF 30 day cream every day and I've never had a bad reaction to it.  I only use hydroshield at night but I've never had a problem with that either. 

Just wanted to add that the SPF 30 day cream is not all physical.  Maybe you can't tolerate the chemical part of the sunscreen.

Respected Contributor

I can use her cleansers, toners, firming pads and collagen pads but all her creams break me out, I have had luck with her SPF30 though and use that while on vacation but I do prefer Perricone SPF product over hers. Hydrosheild broke me out pretty badly, haven't used or tried it again in years.

Honored Contributor

The Defense Day Cream has zinc oxide in it, which I can't use because it irritates my skin. I do use the hydroshield and love it. It's never caused me to breakout, but everyone is different.

If I think something is causing a breakout, I stop using it and set it aside until my skin clears, then try it again. If it breaks me out a second time, I throw it out. Many times I've found that something I thought caused a breakout wasn't the culprit- and other times it was. Some of the things I thought caused a breakout have gone on to become favorite products, which is why I usually try to replicate the breakout before I write something off. If I get cystic acne, I'm less likely to try again, but generally speaking, I usually try to replicate before I toss something out.