Esteemed Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

When I was on chemo 7 years ago I began drinking wheatgrass juice shots (frozen nuggets in a shot glass w/a little orange juice-dont dilute the wheatgrass).

Wheatgrass juice tastes lke someones lawn.

It was to help my red blood cell count which was in the basement (7.7 from 14). The next step was blood transfusion which I didnt want!!!

My RBC count came up enough in 5 days to avoid transfusion and stayed up. By that time I was very debilitated and had lost most of my hair, which is now grown thick and down to my waist.

I am well today.

I just started using Dr.Schultz green drink! I don't like the taste but I know its good for me and thats whats important! So glad your wheatgrass juice helped your blood count! So glad you're well today!!! Thats a great testimony!!!!! Woman Happy

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Regular Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

When I was on chemo 7 years ago I began drinking wheatgrass juice shots (frozen nuggets in a shot glass w/a little orange juice-dont dilute the wheatgrass).

Wheatgrass juice tastes lke someones lawn.

It was to help my red blood cell count which was in the basement (7.7 from 14). The next step was blood transfusion which I didnt want!!!

My RBC count came up enough in 5 days to avoid transfusion and stayed up. By that time I was very debilitated and had lost most of my hair, which is now grown thick and down to my waist.

I am well today.

Thank you for sharing your story.  I am so glad you're better.  @Maestra1 

While I haven't been on your shoes I have had health struggles as well mostly with my out of control high blood sugar and all that comes with it (circulation problems, vision problems, weight problems, etc.) and I have found that eating my greens, 2 portions of high fiber/low sugar fruits and a colorful salad every day has helped me.  Supplements like these are icing on the cake.  I don't mind the taste because I find ways to mask it until my palate adjusts.  They help me with nutritional gaps that I cannot fill with my daily diet.  I also exercise almost every day, but I think in my case to feel healthy and having my blood sugar in decent levels, 80% is a clean diet adding supplements where needed, 10% sleeping well and controlling my stress and 10% exercise. 

Dr Perricone has amazing supplements.  If they were more affordable I would get them all.