Contributor

Has anyone tried their FREE Super Greens from the TSV from Dr. Perricone yet?  I did today and I can see why it was free.  It tastes awful, nothing like the "Jolly Rancher" sour apple Shawn described.  I tried one packet in water and dumped it out.  I thought I'd try it in a smoothie, thinking it would hide the taste.  No such luck; that got dumped too.  The box went in the garbage.  Anyone else feel this way?

Honored Contributor

Sorry you did not like it. I have never tried it.

I take Andrew Lessman's Green Complex in capsule form.

He's suppose to come out with a drink but have no idea when?

Frequent Contributor

I think it takes terrible.  It is no jolly rancher candy, I can't believe anyone  can drink this, especially more than one.    

Super Contributor

Re: Dr. P's Super Greens

[ Edited ]

I bought these b/c I'm a picky eater and while I'm not doing  backflips ,the taste isnt as bad as other posters are making out.

It's best described by me as an 'apple drink' kind of taste and I find it palatable, so I am going to continue to use it.

For me, the health benefits outweigh any pickiness I may have (which I dont) about flavor.

Honored Contributor

I will stick with my low sodium V8 juice!!

Regular Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

I bought these b/c I'm a picky eater and while I'm not doing  backflips ,the taste isnt as bad as other posters are making out.

It's best described by me as an 'apple drink' kind of taste and I find it palatable, so I am going to continue to use it.

For me, the health benefits outweigh any pickiness I may have (which I dont) about flavor.

My thoughts exactly!  It is a greens supplement and I have had many that taste a lot worse.  This one is the best tasting of the ones I've tried but it is still a greens supplement.  Taste is subjective.  To some it will taste like apples and to others it will taste like drinking a lettuce right out of the soil.  It can also be combined with smoothies, hot tea, juice, etc.  it doesn't have to be cold water all the time.

Super Contributor

Re: Dr. P's Super Greens

[ Edited ]

When I was on chemo 7 years ago I began drinking wheatgrass juice shots (frozen nuggets in a shot glass w/a little orange juice-dont dilute the wheatgrass).

Wheatgrass juice tastes lke someones lawn.

It was to help my red blood cell count which was in the basement (7.7 from 14). The next step was blood transfusion which I didnt want!!!

My RBC count came up enough in 5 days to avoid transfusion and stayed up. By that time I was very debilitated and had lost most of my hair, which is now grown thick and down to my waist.

I am well today.

Super Contributor

@glam_girl   I find this tastes best w/a citrus green tea (cold).

Honored Contributor

I think most veg powder drinks don't taste all that good. What I do with mine is add about a 1/2-teaspoon of pure vitamin C powder to the drink and that gives it a tartness to it...like a tart apple sort of. The vitamin C also enhances the nutrients in the veg powder by making them absorb better in the gut...the VC kind of supercharges the nutrients and makes them more bioavailable instead of some of it going to waste when you pee.

Respected Contributor

you have to give natural a chance. if all you are used to is sugared and high calorie juices , I like the taste, what i don't like is the price for a non organic product , there are better choices out there.