Honored Contributor

Re: Dr Nassif on HSN & the hygiene is pathetic

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori if you are self-quarantined and your mother shares your living quarters she should also self-quarantine.  Has nothing to do with symptoms.  Has to do with exposure.  You can be contagious even without symptoms.  My husband would be climbing the walls if quarantined unless he was actually sick.  He cannot stand not being able to get out and about at least once a day.  He'll risk life and limb driving when we get snow which, where we live, almost always means ice on the streets before the snow.

Hubby and I met a friend for dinner last night.  We were surprised the parking lot was packed.  Our friend's wife (who was not there because she stays with her parents on work nights due to the drive) has Cystic Fibrosis.  She's a Community College professor and is still in the classroom.  

The last I heard our state currently still has no CONFIRMED cases.  Whether that is because people aren't getting tested or test results are very slow or whether there actually are no cases yet I don't know.

Editied to Update:  My state now has it's 1st confirmed case.  The news just broke into programming to announce it.  

Honored Contributor

Wow, as long as you are not affected why are you so upset?  Take care of yourself and stop trying to rule others.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Thanks for your concern Smiley Happy

My mother is 92 and we've talked about it.  I am actually at greater risk than her and I don't mind going as long as we go together -- the whole reason I live in this place is because I'm the last one standing, I never wanted to be here but I did it all for her, gave up everything -- and she's at that point where her friends are dead and gone or in homes or have dementia.  Her genes (except the one she gave me and my late sister!) are terrific, her mom lived to 98, uncle to 96, etc. but been sad and lonely a long time, losing my sister was even more devastating than losing my father...

I know full well all the details, I get CDC and WHO updates, I know who is lying and I have lived with the Purell and the wipes (masks don't work) and all the hygiene ever since my disease was discovered and a test -- but no research so no cure -- developed.  It's very rare so they don't spend money on it and I get that.  There is a treatment, it's ridiculously expensive, I've had it twice in hopes of saving my life and it did but I've also fought like a tiger once my sister passed...

I don't control my mother, I'm here for her.  A life behind these walls 24/7 is no life to her.  She's to the point where so many are gone Publix is a big deal to her, a haircut, just getting out.  Everyone has to decide for themselves and she doesn't have my conscience or consciousness...

So that's that.  I can only do me.  And hope if it happens (and this county is ready to explode they have lied so much and last it was half a million tourists walking around exposed and that will jump and maybe we won't even get it) but I can only do me and help her, not be her.

But thanks.

LOL some idiot insulted me this day or yesterday (I've been up all night thinking about how best to handle this) for my long posts.  Well, it's complicated and I have nothing to hide.

I saw about a hundred people die of AIDS from government lies and incompetence.  I feel like I'm seeing this again.  I volunteered with them because my hairdresser got it and he had been disowned.  At that time they had not discovered my disease which is linked to DNA.  I am missing part of my immune system.  I have what the AIDS patients didn't, they have/had what I don't...

So this idiot insulted the length of my posts as if she's being forced to read them.  So much hostility.  People should grow up and check the facts independently and yes, make the best decisions they can.  Which I have.

I can't tie her to a chair.  She's my mother.  I gave up so much for her, I can't take away what little social interaction (grocery store!) she has left.  They fawn over her there.  I can't and wouldn't take that away.  But I can control my own movements and of course my own hygiene which by necessity has been impeccable for a very long time.

Thanks, Ice!

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Wow, as long as you are not affected why are you so upset?  Take care of yourself and stop trying to rule others.

If you're talking about @Icegoddess  she means well.  💗   Trust me I've taken a lot of incoming and this is the only place where I've admitted my situation because few people are reading it anymore LOL but just trying to separate fact from fiction I've taken a ton of incoming and I have 1.5 trolls so thanks but if you're sticking up for me for real her heart is in the right place.

If you're criticizing me OTOH I'm not understanding, Old Hippie so please explain as long as you're nice and as an old hippie I think you will be quite nice Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

This is slightly OT. About 6 weeks I was in WM in H&B. I saw a woman open a jar of body cream,swirl her finger 'round in it and then put the lid back on. I did not say anything to service desk,wish I had. On the other hand I am not sure anything would have been done.

@Group 5 minus 1, I have seen people do stuff like this in B&BW and I always say something to a sales associate.  I've seen people stick their hands in things and use what is being sold as brand new lotions and spray fragrances and then put them back on the shelf.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori  I'm not getting my notifications, so I missed your last couple posts. DREADFUL!!! I know how your mom must feel. You just have to do what she has to do. I know a couple of people whose kids took  their wheels away. I asked them why and they said because I did such and such. ONE DAY. Made a dumb mistake driving. Get her keys! Nobody's ever gonna take my keys. (that's why I keep a spare set under my mattress.) Just kidding but you get my drift. 

I knew you had some rare ailment but I didn't know quite how serious it was. I pray for you each day. I know you come here once in a while and then I don't see your posts for a time, then you're back. So I figured you had the bad days in between your posts and I'm sorry. Stiff upper lip for sure. You're amazing.

Posters, if you don't care to read this, just pass it by, but I have to talk to my friend when I see her rare posts.

Oh, and lori? It was Fred Astaire who danced on the ceiling. Gene Kelly sang in the rain. hahaha It's ok. I know you're not a movie buff. 

Here's praying we all live thru this dread thing that seems to have taken over our everyday lives. 

J.