Respected Contributor

Re: Dr Nassif on HSN & the hygiene is pathetic

Yes @SilleeMee I think I saw that same presentation and I was thinking the same thing. The designer declared “I know we’re not suppose to but I washed my hands and I love” and proceeded to embrace the host (I didn’t see a kiss) but I was appalled and then they hugged again. She repeated a couple more times that we love and wash our hands!?!?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

OMG--people really do call CS and corporate about stuff like this. I think I will leave these people choose how they do their jobs without my interfering.

I choose to only go out when necessary for my safety as well as the safety of others. 

@RetRN 

You should meet my younger sister. She is on the phone constantly doing this to people. I wonder how she can be related. LOL!!!

One of my friends keeps calling her Senator over the virus. She told me I should call. I'm not interested.

Honored Contributor

I just happened to go to HSN when he was on last night, and just listening to him, with his mouth full of saliva, was enough for me to change the channel.

Honored Contributor

Walmart in Health and Beauty

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

There was a video showing that basketball player from the Jazz making fun of people who are careful about germs....he was laughing and touching the table..mike, table, chair, wires...purposely to make fun of things  that carry germs....AND GUESS WHAT.....RIGHT AFTER HE WAS TESTED POSITIVE for the virus.....I am sure anyone from the team, who sat down at that table to talk to the press is now infected.

That's not exactly what happened so even though this is beauty just to give the full facts:

He was asked by a reporter at the usual postgame press conference if he is afraid of coronavirus.  He's a pro athlete, he thought he was healthy and in good condition and he made a joke about it and then keeping the stupid joke going afterward he touched the mics. 

It's not random like when Ariana Grande licked cupcakes out of nowhere.  He was asked.

And no one can be "sure" who is infected.  The other NBA player who tested positive is from another team.  Hopefully as pro athletes in peak condition they'll be fine and quarantined and not spread it. 

That's unless they change the amount of time one needs to be quarantined, if they learn you can spread it for an even longer time than they think now, and that could easily happen.

Honored Contributor

It's reassuring when you see people on TV behaving responsibly when there's a crisis. It's the opposite when you don't. QVC and HSN need to have a meeting and fix some things.

They can go back to kissy-face and hugging and double-dipping later in the year. Heck, bring in the hosts' pets and have them go over and hug and smooch all over their pets every now and then on camera if they want to present a warm loving environment and happy atmosphere on set. The WHO said dogs can't spread COVID-19.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I am all for an excellent chain of asepsis, however it's not like they are in the OR for goodness sakes.  I am sure that jar being used is going to be trashed anyway.  Also, we don't know what protocol they are following at the Q with the amount of employees they have.   I'm sure they are aware of the situation at hand. JMO

Even though it lives on surfaces and hand went from jar to person to surface to lid to another jar on and on and on?

If your relative was a cameraperson with a pregnant wife at home and an elderly mother in a nursing home or in your care you'd feel the same?  If your mother was a cleaning woman for the sets with an immune disease you would feel the same?

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain  sadly at least one dog has tested positive so they can get it too.  We're way behind and it's all blowing up because, well, you know why.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Porcelain  sadly at least one dog has tested positive so they can get it too.  We're way behind and it's all blowing up because, well, you know why.

The dog got a very low level infection from his infected owner. There are zero cases of it happening the other way round. Thank goodness, for the sake of all the good dogs of the world!

And yes we know why it's blowing up. I don't really care why anymore. We already know. It's in the record and history books for all posterity. Time to keep moving. I'm aligning with the folks who are actually doing smart stuffs.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

We have to listen to the scientists and not the people who run our country. I need to hear the facts and not the 'happy talk'.