Honored Contributor

Dr Nassif on HSN & the hygiene is pathetic

I called CS and I called corporate.  CS told me honestly my message wouldn't go very far.  Corporate I got a tape.

There is a medical doctor standing there touching everyone and everything and a host sticking her finger in the jar then touching things then finger back in the jar.  

I haven't watched HSN in years.  I had never heard of him but got some of his things including cleanser to review and it and some others are exceptional, like ten-star cleanser. 

The prices on HSN are incredible so I set alerts for all his shows.  

I'm incredulous -- there are low-information people there watching this.  i don't expect him to wear gloves but my goodness there are subtle ways to keep it clean.

Never buying another product of his, I am so incredibly grossed out and yes, disturbed by this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr Nassif on HSN & the hygiene is pathetic

Early this morning I was watching a fashion show there and at the end of the show the host hugged and kissed the guest and, at the same time, said that they were told not to hug and kiss. To me that just shows how irresponsible some people are and that they don't abide by the rules to keep us safe. I was a bit po'd when I saw that.

Esteemed Contributor

For some of those who ignore the facts, they can only accept their own personal experiences before they believe what's going on. There are still those in our country who put profits ahead of public health. They will pay a price, but so will we.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG--people really do call CS and corporate about stuff like this. I think I will leave these people choose how they do their jobs without my interfering.

I choose to only go out when necessary for my safety as well as the safety of others. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vivian wrote:

For some of those who ignore the facts, they can only accept their own personal experiences before they believe what's going on. There are still those in our country who put profits ahead of public health. They will pay a price, but so will we.

So wise, Vivian, and not to mention the crew and producers and cleaners who have to touch all the clothes and makeup and everything on set and breath that air...That's the biggest shame to me, that they can take their own chances and spread even more ignorance but they're playing with the lives of so many others in their orbit, in the building using the same A/C, and maybe the elderly mother of the cameraperson or the wife of the cleaning person having chemo.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

OMG--people really do call CS and corporate about stuff like this. I think I will leave these people choose how they do their jobs without my interfering.

I choose to only go out when necessary for my safety as well as the safety of others. 

-----

My guess is certain guidelines are set, but then hosts and vendors ignore them. As far as her complaint being shared with the on air people, I doubt it will happen. People knowingly ignore the warnings so what can the corporate office do?

Super Contributor

Get a grip! 

Honored Contributor

This is slightly OT. About 6 weeks I was in WM in H&B. I saw a woman open a jar of body cream,swirl her finger 'round in it and then put the lid back on. I did not say anything to service desk,wish I had. On the other hand I am not sure anything would have been done.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@RetRN   Yes, people really do complain about things that are wrong or offensive.  That's how wrongs get righted and how we let commercial enterprises know we don't like what they're doing.  It's easy, but not right, to stick your head in the sand.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm taking that as a compliment so thank you.