Esteemed Contributor

Anyone use these?? They're the TS on HSN...and I've heard great things about his products. I have very sensitive skin..but he says they're very gentle~Woman Happy

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I've used them in the past and in fact I'm using the last of my final jar.  They're OK.  Nothing special that I can tell.  They are very gentle and do remove any "dirt" on your face.  Never used them to remove makeup.  

My biggest complaint with them is that while they claim to be almost dripping with product, in the 3 or 4 jars I used the pads were almost dry.  I always had to store the jar upside down to get any moisture in the top pads.

Honored Contributor

I have heard Colleen present these a couple of times and of course, they are the greatest thing.  LOL  I almost ordered them the last time she presented them on The List but I stopped myself.

Last night I looked up the individual product to read reviews.  They have 4.1 stars out of 5 and there are about 200 reviews.  I sorted reviews from worst to best to see why people didn't like them.  There were several 1 star reviews and people loved them.  I'm not sure how people don't understand a 1 star review is bad but that's another topic.  LOL

I then looked at the ingredients and they have fragrance in them so they are out for me.  The other thing I would want to do if I were going to buy them would be to see if I could compare the ingredients to the ones he sells out of his clinic to those sold on HSN.  HSN has been known to sell a lesser product which is why they can sell it cheaper. 

Super Contributor

I bite the bullet and bought them. I have good skin, even at almost 64. I was hoping the pores on my nose would shrink but that didn't happen. They are ok. I feel my skin tingling, but since I didn't see any results, I won't be buying them again. They are an easy way to take  off make up but I have those products already.

Respected Contributor

i saw these this morning. they seem to be a good deal.  not sure that i would use them tho

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Nasif Detox pads

[ Edited ]

I was just looking at the ingredients in the pads. Looks to me that there is mostly witch hazel, which is not a bad thing, with some acids and other 'proprietary' stuff in them. It bothers me that there are no percentages stated for the acids used in the pads. For me that part is most important when it comes to exfoliation. Water is the first ingredient, followed by a petro-solvent (for me, not a good thing) and the witch hazel. The hydrating ingredients and acids are midway and some are towards the end of the list. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dr. Nasif Detox pads

[ Edited ]

WITCH HAZEL
Rating: Poor

Commonly used plant extract that can have potent antioxidant properties and some soothing properties. However, witch hazel’s high tannin content (tannin is a potent antioxidant) can also make it sensitizing if used repeatedly on skin. The bark of the witch hazel plant has a higher tannin content than the leaves. Producing witch hazel water by steam distillation removes the tannins, but the plant’s astringent qualities are what most believe give it benefit.

Alcohol is added during the distillation process, the amount typically being 14–15%. Witch hazel water is distilled from all parts of the plant; therefore, you never know exactly what you’re getting, although the alcohol content remains.

Depending on the form of witch hazel, you’re exposing your skin either to an sensitizing amount of alcohol or to tannins, or both. Moreover, witch hazel contains the fragrance chemical eugenol, which is another source of sensitivity. For a deeper dive into the research on witch hazel, see our in-depth analysis here.

References for this information:
International Journal of Trichology, July-September 2014, pages 100-103
Chemical Research in Toxicology, March 2008, pages 696-704
Skin Pharmacology and Applied Skin Physiology, March-April 2002, pages 125-132
Phytotherapy Research, June 2002, pages 364-367
Journal of Dermatologic Sciences, July 1995, pages 25-34
Journal of Inflammation, October 2011, page 27

I use Paula's Choice products and I do like her BHA products.  No animal testing, fragrance-free, no coloring and guaranteed for 60 days.  I've been using some of her products since 1995.

Honored Contributor

I use Thayers Rose Toner, always comes highly recommended, it has witch hazel, no alcohol. 

Respected Contributor

I have used these for years and they are very gentle. I only use them on my neck and dec as my night time cleansing stage before I apply whatever products I'm using that night which could be retinol serum or a moisturizing cream or both.  I have very sensitive skin on my chest and these do not upset it, amazingly.  They keep my skin fresh, clean, and tight.  If I didn't alredy have three jars of them in the closet I would buy the HSN today's special.  

Honored Contributor

I love the Serious Skin Care pads sold on Evine.( use to be sold on HSN)  I have used SSC pads for years.  Lots of juice... they are just the best.  No fragrance added in the pads I have used... even use them over my eye lids.