Super Contributor

Dr. Irwin's Top 50 Products 2014

Brandith Irwin is a Seattle dermatologist who has this page, "Skin Tour". Lots of interesting info, although (in my mind) with an MD bias.

She doesn't sell any line or products in her practice, so these reviews aren't colored by profit potential.

Just posting here for what it's worth as I was looking to get her take on PMD (positive) and thought you all might enjoy it.

http://www.skintour.com/skin-care-product-articles/top-50-products-2014

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Irwin's Top 50 Products 2014

wow, many of the suggestions are pretty spendy. Thanks for sharing though!

Super Contributor

On 6/14/2014 HappyDaze said:

Yeah, I know -- that's part of the "MD bias" :-)

They are mostly familiar with professional-grade products, products that reps push, and have a suspicion of a lot of lesser-know options. She also tends to discount "gadgets", and although I agree nothing beats a professional procedure, there are far too many anecdotal positive reviews to just write them all off.

Nothing against MDs (my Dad was a surgeon) but that's just my opinion -- kind of their own world view.

ETA: She DOES like the PMD and also an item called JeNu (a poor man's SQUOOM, IMO).

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I agree with her on the SkinMedica and EltaMD lines - I've tried most of the products she recommends and they are the best of the best. But, yes, expensive. Thanks for the link - I bookmarked it, and when I get through my current stash will try a few of the other products she recommends.

Honored Contributor

On 6/14/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 6/14/2014 HappyDaze said:

Yeah, I know -- that's part of the "MD bias" :-)

They are mostly familiar with professional-grade products, products that reps push, and have a suspicion of a lot of lesser-know options. She also tends to discount "gadgets", and although I agree nothing beats a professional procedure, there are far too many anecdotal positive reviews to just write them all off.

Nothing against MDs (my Dad was a surgeon) but that's just my opinion -- kind of their own world view.

lol, I agree! It is still interesting to read though. I always like reading about different products and perspectives.