Regular Contributor

By now, some of you have gotten the email from Dr. Denese about the "sold out" items on her Black Friday sale. Of all the hundreds of retailers who sent out BF notices - Dr. Denese is the ONLY One from whom I have gotten an email that they will honor the BF discount on sold out items.  The others are more of a too bad for you attitude.

That reminded me of when I first encountered her products over 15 years ago. I had a question about one of her products and it was nearing the end of the work day, but I called the company number anyway to see if I could catch someone before they left for the day. 

Well, the one I got was Dr. Denese herself and she was so gracious and so informative! I am a Doctor so I had many clinical questions, and her discussion showed me how very knowledgeable and how much thought she puts into each and every product. We talked for about 40 minutes! I respect her and appreciate her and all that she does for us. I remember asking why she doesn't spin off a Doctors only line as those can be really lucrative and exclusive, like Dr. Obagi, for example. She said she hasn't done that because she wants all women to have access to excellent skin care and not only though a Doctor gatekeeper.

If any of you find any other retailers that will honor the Black Friday discount on sold out items, let me know. She's the only one I have encountered. 

.....and to those of you have your knickers in a twist because she admits to having plastic surgery....well, I would ask you why do some of you dye your hair, or put on makeup?.....we want to improve our appearance. Is that a crime, especially when she is totally transparent about it? I think not. It is also clear that no matter how much surgery one has, good skincare habits and products are necessary to maintain the results.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese - the real deal

VEry nice of her, and very nice of you to post this.

Super Contributor

I love this!!!!  Thank you for sharing!!!  Love her "stuff"!!!  I have always loved her "story". . . It is REAL!!!  Where she was born. . . to where she is now!!!!  AMAZING in every Way!!!

I will check out her site again 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Honored Contributor

Plastic surgery will not give you good skin.  It'll tighten things, but if you have bad skin before, you'll still have bad skin afterwards.  That's why we use skincare.  

Super Contributor

And you mentioned her surgeries. . She had an issue if I am correct, with her eyelids. .. .so "you go girl" . . .fixed it and keep on Moving!!!!!  I love her entire story

Trusted Contributor

@laraffinee 

It sounds like you have
your "knickers in a twist!"

“All unsolicited advice is self-serving.”
Honored Contributor

I couldn't care less if a vendor has had work done or not. It's not her face that I'm buying. I'm buying the products that go on the face.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Plastic surgery will not give you good skin.  It'll tighten things, but if you have bad skin before, you'll still have bad skin afterwards.  That's why we use skincare.  

Skin care and cosmetic surgery 2 very different things.

Dr. D. can say all day how her products lift, tighten, etc., it's not true. Only surgery can lift, tighten and firm. I know I have it done. 

Yes, there are good products for your skins surface.  They can treat many things that have nothing to do with 'anti aging'.

Beauty industry as bad as used car salesmen.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @laraffinee 

I met Dr Denese at a QVC Beauty Bash event years ago.  I was excited to say hi to her because I used her products and I read her book.  When I told her I read it and mentioned some advice I had been following, her face lit up.  She couldn't have been more gracious.   

She had staff there demo-ing her dermabrasion machine.  She asked for a machine to be brought to us and she did the treatment on me, thanked me for being a customer and gave me some advice on my skin. It was very nice.  I really like her.  

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Skin care and cosmetic surgery 2 very different things.

Dr. D. can say all day how her products lift, tighten, etc., it's not true. Only surgery can lift, tighten and firm. I know I have it done. 

Yes, there are good products for your skins surface.  They can treat many things that have nothing to do with 'anti aging'.

Beauty industry as bad as used car salesmen.

Well, I had some under-eye wrinkles disappear after using an M Asam eye cream.  It didn't happnen overnight, but the effect has been permanent.  It also was not something I bought the cream expecting it to do.  Topicals may not be able to turn back the clock, but I do think they can slow it down.