Respected Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese or Josie Maran?

[ Edited ]

The Hydroshield was very drying to my skin, also her products caused my skin to breakout.  I tried JM's argan oil, it didn't do much in the way of helping with dry skin issues. 

Honored Contributor

I've never used Denise.  I have a lot of Josie stuff.  Waiting for the two lipsticks to arrive.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

I've never used Josie but I love Dr. Denese because her products are the only thing that works for my dry skin. As for the comments of it being expensive, I just don't get it. Sure the Hydroshield by itself seems expensive but per ounce it comes out to be comparible or less expensive than others. I usually get it when a TSV is offered because the value can't be beat. I also use her Dream Cream but only get it when it's a BOGO price. I'm on AD for this-2 3.4 oz jars for 45.00. She also offers phenomenol sales on her website often. Recently I bought a 3.4 oz Pro Peptide Gel on her site for about $45.00 or so, it normally goes for $99 and this will last me for months. Everything I use isn't exclusively Dr Denese, but I won't be without her Hydroshield or moisturizers for day and night.
Respected Contributor

@lucypug I have never tried Dr. Denese products. I have used other higherend brands in the past. I started using Tatcha The Essence as a first step after cleansing. its expensive but it is so hydrating & makes other products work their best. I have tried less costly ones but they did not compare. I use a serum in the more & a serum at night that helps with keeping lines at bay, so I feel a hydrating moisturer is best for my normal/dry skin type. I do use JM face butter & her spf 47 & her Argan oil. My favorte oil is Rosehip Seed oil. I also use Murad ultimate moisture eye cream & top it off with Smashbox spf 20 with Dermaxyl, which is a peptide. I just started using 2 serums from The Ordinary which is very affordable & has quality ingred. Its all about the ingred. for me & I will pay a higher price for skin care. .

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used Dr D when she first came to the Q  But.too many problems developed (recalls,ect) with her products.......i mean ,"her problems" not mine. I did like them when I used them but wondered why so many more products were being developed...........neck,eyes,ect ect......I am not a believer in the nessity of all these products.Like "iIT cosmetics" too many "same" but named different products.

I think Josie Maran is the winner for quality,preformance and most of all PURITY   <3 

Valued Contributor

I have tried Dr D, made my face itch. It is probably a good product, just not for me. Also very pricey.  I use Josies argon oil, but thinking if trying Philosophy day and night cream. I don't feel Josies products are doing anything for my skin anymore. We will see.

Esteemed Contributor

Skin care is a top priority for me, not make up. 

So,,, 

I have used both. 

I, chose as one hundred percent perfect (for me)  Josie  Maran.

Dr. Denese= left my skin dry, and the Hydroshield," instant irritation".

Josie Maran = soft dewy skin;  no need for make up.

Dr. Denese: too many ingredients.

Josie Maran: As close to natural per `se.

Esteemed Contributor

I use both but much more of the Dr.Denese skincare products. I use Dr. Denese products for my face, eyes and neck.

I use Josie Maran bodybutter. argan balm for my hands and lips and argan oil for the tips of my hair. I have super sensitive skin and my face reacts to the argan oil. Dr. Denese hydroshield serum performs much better for me. I'm in the 59+ and holding category.

Both lines are excellent but for my face and neck, It's Dr. Denese.    

Occasional Contributor

YES!  definitely!  JOSIESmiley Happy i think jose is cute and young' i like her body creme made a world of difference on me!  and if you girl's' notice"  DR' D' HAD HER EYE'S LIFTED!! I'AM 57 and i have used DR D' stuff  since she first came on with QVC' I quit cause i seen no change's SO'' i strayed with other product's and they were good I chose PHILOSOHYSmiley Happy  cause i use contact's and lot's of makeup and it work's better for me' I   dont look like i got a face lift or eye;s done! and that's what show's my age more!! MY NECK' is ok ' around the mouth is fine' ' what they call the" MARIONETTE"  JUST THE EYE'S Smiley Sad  if i had a eye lift i would look younger Smiley Happy DR D looks awesome befor ' now that her eye's are more up ' she looks younger' she hereditary looks great' good for her she can sell her face!! 

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

You're comparing apples to oranges - one is an all natural product, one isn't - hard to compare the two. 

I don't think it is. Which one works better?

I care more about which one works better without irritating my skin and I've found that whether a product is "natural" makes little difference. Some natural ingredients work for me and others irritate my skin.