Respected Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese or Josie Maran?

Dr. Deise for me.  I can't watch the story about the 70 year old who looked 40 again. Once was enough.  It grates on my last honesty nerve. I was using Argan Oil when Josie was probably still in diapers. It's just become a "thing" recently.  I appreciate honesty and I think I get more of that from DD.

Contributor

I don't use Dr. D's products anymore.  They are LOADED with silicones which is really bad for my large pores.  I thought Hydroshield serum was the best thing since sliced bread, but the long term use made my pores huge and it took many months to reverse the damage.  I'm very careful now to watch out for silicone products. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer Dr. Denese.  Haven't had good luck with Josie's products.  Too many returns so I doubt I will order again.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been using Josie Maran's products for quite a while now.   Being a breast cancer survivor, I make an effort to avoid chemicals as much as possible.   Her website has sales and free shipping over $25.00, you can save money on her products there.  I'm having good luck with the argan oil!

Contributor

Josie for me!  I've tried both and have seen better results from JM Porducts.  

Trusted Contributor

I like both.  But, if you have very dry skin like myself...Dr. Denese all the way !

Her serums just melt into your dry skin.

Regular Contributor

I will share my experience with you in order to help you make a decesion. First of all I am 55 years old. I was a huge Dr. Denese fan for many years. Spent a lot of money on her products. I was happy with my skin at first.Then over time I started to get congested pores, sagging skin & more fine lines & wrinkles. My eye lids were drooping so bad I was actually considering surgery, which I really never want to do. Plus all the steps were so time consuming & expensive. Then when Dr. Denese shared that she had plastic surgery to correct all the things her products are suppose to correct, I decided to look elsewhere. So I tried Josie's Argan oil & Argan Milk. Over time my pores cleared out, my skin became bright, less lined & wrinkled, as well as firmer. My eyelids actually firmed back up like they were in my younger years. I am a believer now that putting to many products on our skin weighs down. I also believe all the chemicals in most products, over time do more harm than good. It's not healthy to eat foods full of chemicals, so why are we made to feel it's healthy to put chemicals on our skin? So I only use natural products now & very few of them. Less has been more for me. I hope you find what makes you & your skin happy.   

Respected Contributor

Ages ago before Josie hit the scene, I was a Dr. Denese girl. However, I was finding that her products just weren't moisturizing enough for my dry skin. I continued to use her products even though her prices were on the rise too. Then the Q started offering her shows less and less. So I made the break. I know Dr. Denese has a great following but I am just not into her products anymore. Hydroshield was her claim to fame but now there are so many more hydrating oils on the market. It certainly is a tough field to remain competitive. Josie and Skinn are now my go to for skincare.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Of those two, Dr. Denese, hands down.  I love the MD 33 cream, Vit C pads, exfoliating cream, and her retinol max. (I get the Hydrosheild in a kit.  I don't use it on my face, but on my hands and neck).   The argon oil did nothing for me, and if I did, it would buy it again elsewhere for less.  I have had better results by using cold pressed olive oil on my skin.   I use several skin care brands, and Retin A, but for me, Josie did not make the cut. 
Do the math.
Regular Contributor

Josie Argan Oil for overnight AND Denese Hydroshield for under makeup and going out.  Hydroshield dries matte and is faster.  Argan oil takes ages to dry on my face.