Trusted Contributor

I like, and use both. I have to pick and choose however, which particular products I use from each.

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

Long time ago I tried her line, some peel pads? my skin hated them and her day cream w/ spf was way to rich for me. Its so hard to say what works for one will work for another so I am just giving my experiance. I think you'd have to try it to know if you like it, she does have quite the following so many do love this line.

I love many of the Isomers products, I dont think I ever tried one my skin didnt like. Smile

Respected Contributor

I would definitely pick Isomers over Dr. Denese. Like Drythe I find most of the Dr. Denese products I've tried too heavy -- they just sit on my skin and don't absorb. Her pads I found sticky. But Isomers makes a LOT of different products so you have to find what works best for you. Maybe start with a small set of the All in One series?

Contributor

I prefer isomers. I have combination skin, and Dr. Denese also caused me to break out.

Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 Karlakaye said:

Dr Denese is cruelty free, according to what I have read. I use her products, but not Isomers, so I cannot comment on which one is preferable.

KK

Karlakaye,

Thank you for the information.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

You are welcome Drythe

KK

PS Love your Roger Caras quote---so true!

Valued Contributor

Dr D all the way. Isomers is beyond confusing and annoying (for me).

Respected Contributor

I'm a Dr. D Fan. I have tried Isomers several times in the past, and it just didn't work out well for me. I have read that it works wonders for others.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 CWS22 said:

Isomers or Skinn are better in my mind, just from an ingredients perspective. I've not used Dr. Denese. The first ingredient in her HydroShield face serum is dimethicone - that's terrible. My skin doesn't tolerate silicones and I sure don't need them on my skin.

No one should continue to use an ingredient that they think causes them problems, but that doesn't mean that the ingredient is "terrible."

Believe it or not, silicones in skin care products provide many benefits not easily duplicated.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Personally, I don't think one line is 'better' than the other. I pick and choose. I like the Dr. Denese day cream w/ spf, I consider it a tinted primer w/ spf. I use it under my liquid foundation as a primer and I've also used it under powder foundation on those days when I don't want to go the whole nine yards with a full face of makeup. Just because the day cream has silicone type ingredients doesn't mean it's a 'bad' product.

I also use Isomers Matrixyl 3000 serum and Isomers copper P serum but don't buy all the newest Isomers 'du jour' concoctions she comes up with, lol. I try to stick to the active ingredients that have independent research results on them like Matrixyl 3000 and copper peptides.

I know it's attractive, and easy, to buy all the products in one line but I've had better results doing the research on ingredients and picking and choosing between many lines. It takes more effort on my part but I've saved money and had better results.

ETA: Although the Dr. Denese day cream has a chemical sunscreen in it, it's the only product that doesn't give me a rash from the chemical sunscreen. Every other chemical sunscreen product makes me break out in a allergic rash.