Honored Contributor

Re: Dr Denese hydroshield serum after 2 weeks

I've used Dr. Denese's products since the day she came on QVC.  I swear by them.

My youngest daughter lives in Denver.  She tells me they get an average of 300 days of some kind of sun a year.  Looking young(er) runs in my family (I guess it's heredity).

My oldest daughte is 44 and will soon be 45 years old.  She has no wrinkles at all and gets carded ordering even a beer.  Same for the other two daughters.

Anyway, the daughter who'll soon be 37 goes to the dermatologist every year.  After her first year in Colorado and seeing the Dermatologist, she said to my daughter, do you wear sunscreen?  My late husband had olive skin and she does too.  She's never sunburned and never bothered with sunscreen.  The Dermatologist told her she needs to wear it to protect her skin.  That was probably 5 or so years ago.

You could have knocked me over when this daughter said, "Mom!  Send me some of the stuff you use.  I'm worried about my skin".  (Anyone who has older daughters knows Mom's are always told they know nothing).  So I sent her the Firming Facial Pads, the sunscreen and the Hydroshield.  I don't use any of the other stuff, I give it away.

She went back to the Dermatologist a few months later for something else and the Dr said, "I don't know what you've been using but it sure is making your skin look way better....what is it?"

Now she uses Dr. Denese and my oldest daughter uses it.  Somehow I seem to be responsible for supplying it to my youngest daughter (Ha!) but I don't mind.

My middle daughter (soon 43) goes and gets facials, etc so as far as I know I don't know what she uses, she looks great though.

My point is all I do is wash my face with a micro-fiber cloth every morning and night (just warm water).  Then I use the firming facial pads, then Hydroshield. 

People tell me I definitely don't look 71.  I'm not saying they say I'm pretty, I just look like a normal person, not ugly, not pretty, but I know that I don't look 71.  Some of it is heredity, I know that, but I swear to you Dr. Denese makes a difference in my life.

Now my daughter in Denver can't use the sunscreen of Dr. Denese.  She said it breaks out her face (I don't know what she uses).  I use it and I don't have any brown spots on my face.  Of course I'm not out in in the sun other than running errands, etc.  I've never laid in the sun, ever.  I'm sure that helps.

I recently recommended to someone here they might want to try Porcelana (sp) because I've spoken to people who've used it and said it works.  If brown spots show up then I'll try it.

When people always say, "You don't look 71"!  I joke and say, "Smoke and mirrors.  I paint it up".  I do wear makeup and I know that makes a difference.

Look at a teenager's face.  Their skin is all one color, they have (mostly) pretty thick eyebrows (mostly shaped, but not thin), they have dark eyebrows (not painted on like you see on QVC sometimes).

I use eyebrow makeup that has fibers in it so it doesn't look painted or drawn on.  I make them darker or else they'd have a lot of grey in them.  I have to wear a wig because my hair is thin on the top.  Sometimes I'll tell people if I'm with them for awhile I'll say, "This is a wig".  Sometimes they'll say, "I'm not talking about your hair, I'm talking about your skin".

Phew!  Can you tell I feel like Dr. Denese works really well for me.  I have used an exfoliant for years, since I was maybe 20-25 years old.  I used to get it at a health food store.

The most important thing I THINK you can do is stay out of the sun, use sunscreen, but get that old dead screen off of your face every morning and night.  Just google how much skin you shed.  It's amazing.  If you don't get it off, it just stays there.

I don't have pretty skin (flawless).  I have large pores but makeup makes the difference.  It's funny because I hear that from men and women.

So many women that say that don't take a few minutes to put on some makeup when they go out.  It's not brain surgery, it's just like I say, "smoke and mirrors".

I do it for me.  When my husband died (he was the love of my life, 38 years married).  I decided to continue living my life the way I wanted to (like always).  Enjoy every minute, smile (no one wants to hear your boo hoo's) and keep going.

Valued Contributor

Interesting.  I tried her products several years ago.  I found them to be drying too, especially the hydroshield and the eye cream.  I do not have crepey skin or wrinkles around my eyes, but when I used her eye cream, it actually seemed to cause the skin beneath my eyes to have a crepey, wrinkly appearance. I stopped using it and that went away. 

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Regular Contributor

Thanks to you for posting this. I do live in Las Vegas and it’s dry at all times. I guess I’ll be looking for a good hydrating serum etc a little longer. 

Respected Contributor

I've tried a couple of Dr Denese kits -- one I returned and the other I used, but overall I haven't found any of the products I've tried have worked for me.  Of course, I've only tried what was in those kits but both had hydroshield.  Generally I find her moisturizers too heavy for me (and I'd say my skin is normal to dry) -- don't absorb well and just sit on my skin.  I found her pads too sticky.  Hydroshield was ok for me actually (albeit a bit siliconey), just not a must have product.

Honored Contributor

I used Dr. Denese for at least a year, maybe two years.  I used the Hydroshield and Firming Facial Pads.  I liked her products but for some reason (probably the posts on this board) decided to try Paula's Choice.  I like hers better.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I used Dr Denese for years and liked it. I received a sample of Dr Dennis Gross and I loved it. Now waiting for the eye product. There is a new line of skin products on line on QVC. It is called diamond something for older skin. Check the prices! I was shocked. $$$$$

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I used Dr Denese for years and liked it. I received a sample of Dr Dennis Gross and I loved it. Now waiting for the eye product. There is a new line of skin products on line on QVC. It is called diamond something for older skin. Check the prices! I was shocked. $$$$$

@Catiele  Wow!  I just checked it, and they have a 1 oz. serum for $655!  The brand is 111Skin, and the serum is 111Skin Black Diamond Celestial Serum.  Everything in the line is very expensive.  I can't imagine who would buy it that watches QVC and isn't a celebrity.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I wanted to love Dr Denese products but I could not use. I tried several times years ago  but found then very ineffective. The Hydroshield had the opposite effect on me and my skin became dry and my lines more pronounced. Her pads were sticky no matter how little I used on my face. After I applied everything, my skin felt heavy and more like a mask. I had to stop trying!

As many have said, each person has unique needs. Many people love her products and use them exclusively. She has a whole fan club that loves her. I do believe she is honest and tries very hard to help women feel good about themselves. I would have loved to be able to use but my skin had other plans! 

Hydration is so important. Find a line that makes your skin hydrated and healthy

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Thanks to you for posting this. I do live in Las Vegas and it’s dry at all times. I guess I’ll be looking for a good hydrating serum etc a little longer. 

Try Clinique moisture surge --they have an intense version I use over my PTR retinol or Retin A. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"