Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese going with Guthy Renker?

The Ojon couple is no longer a couple after he sold to Estee Lauder and they ruined the line. He now has a line of something else on HSN and she is a body builder. Sometimes having success just doesn't turn out well. Dr. Denese still shows 142 items on QVC, so I don't think she's leaving here no matter what else she does.

Super Contributor

The Lauders own almost all hi-end cosmetics. When they bought Aveda it was a war in the beauty business.

I do prefer Aveda over the rest.

Super Contributor

Her products never did a thing for my skin.

Esteemed Contributor

I am in love with her Hydro Shield and her Advanced firming facial pads. I would never purchase through GR, but as long as QVC, or her own site still sells them I am a happy camper.

Honored Contributor

On 10/8/2014 icezeus said:

I am in love with her Hydro Shield and her Advanced firming facial pads. I would never purchase through GR, but as long as QVC, or her own site still sells them I am a happy camper.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Also really like her Dream Cream.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

SHE DOESNT SEEM TO BE DOING WELL ON QVC..PROBABLY NECCESSARY.

Respected Contributor

Maybe La Lisa is going to Renker, too!

Honored Contributor

On 10/8/2014 ProductGuy said:
On 10/7/2014 paraker said:
On 10/7/2014 ProductGuy said:

I haven't dealt with Guthy-Renker for purchases, but I know a little about them. In the infomercial world, they are giants. For months I've read here about Dr. Denese's appearances on QVC becoming less frequent. Reaching millions through infomercials is an attractive offer, depending on the arrangement with GR. Sometimes GR takes ownership of a company and the original owner gets a sum of money. They have different arrangements with different vendors.

As was pointed out, the Wen sold through GR is not the same Wen you buy here or through his salon. When Ice Elements had a trial with GR, there were changes made in the 2 Minute Miracle and some of the other products offered in a kit, though labeled Ice Elements, were not actually formulated by Shelly Maguire of Ice Elements. I know this from firsthand knowledge.

Dr. Denese may be ready to stop traveling to PA from NYC for appearances on the Q, and we all know what would happen if she all of a sudden switched to a vendor representative so she could dedicate her time to the practice of medicine.

If the GR test is successful, which it appears it was not for Ice Elements (they've pursued marketing through another route) it's almost a guarantee that the ingredient decks will change.

Why does GR change the ingredients?

Some say due to international distribution requirements; others say to increase profit margins.

I contacted the customer service rep at chazdean dot com about this a couple of years ago. The explanation was that they need to meet certain international ingredient requirements in order to sell internationally, but the alteration doesn't change the overall performance. The analogy was that a Diet Coke you buy in the USA is different from a Diet Coke you might get in Mexico, but they're still both Diet Coke.

Occasional Contributor

I do not honk Dr. Denese would allow her products to change;if anyhting she is always finding ways to improve her skin care. However, I didn't think she would need to use Gunthy Renker. Once products hit Gunthy Renker, its all about monitary gain and less than satisfacory customer service. It is nothing like ordering from QVC here people are there to help you at anytime. 

As for Gunthy Renker, a few  years ago I purchased the  Proactive system aproximately 3 times. They continued to send products I did not order after I cancelled future shipments.  After all the time and  aggravation I spent returning products I did not order with poor  and uncaring customer service offered by GR, I finally recieved my refund, and vowed to never order from GR again. Several months later, I  noticed two charges on my credit card from Gunbthy Renker when nothing was purchased and I was not signed up for future shipments?  Their CS was difficultt again....nothing like QVC! QVC has the best CS hands down. I felt trapped when I ordered anything from Gunthy Renker. My mother had poor CS experiecne from GR as well when ordering a different product. I am surpises Dr. Dnese would use GR to sell her products. I htought she was doing well on QVC. I persoanlly buy at least 15 products from Dr. Denese regulary from her line (QVC)  and I got everyone around me hooked as well. I  try everythign Dr. D shows on air, as all her shows are scheduled to record via DVR> I was upset top see Dr. Denese on TV via GR.  I assume Dr. D. wants to reach customers outside the QVC community. (If anyone doesn't know about QVC? ) 

Occasional Contributor

I could not agree with you more! It is frustrating tyo be trapped into a program vs. ordering individul items. If you want to order individual items via Gunthy Renker, you pay a membership fee....unfair! The worst part is the poor customer service. GR is nothing like QVC, and customers d not get the saitsfction one gets from QVC in my experiences and from others I know.