Respected Contributor

Anyone use these in the morning/under makeup?  I used them years ago.  Recently decided to try them again and now it seems they're made for night use.  I have been using them in the morning & under makeup but I notice my makeup is peeling/balling up after I apply setting powder.  Anyone else?

Valued Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Anyone use these in the morning/under makeup?  I used them years ago.  Recently decided to try them again and now it seems they're made for night use.  I have been using them in the morning & under makeup but I notice my makeup is peeling/balling up after I apply setting powder.  Anyone else?

I use these every day, usually once. Sometimes AM and sometimes PM. I'm guessing, if you have not used them in a while, that what you are experiencing is actually an exfoliation of dead skin cells. Have you been consistently exfoliating your skin? If not - I'm guessing you are seeing exfoliation.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese firming pads

[ Edited ]

The pads contain glycolic acid which is usually applied at night, but not always. The pads also contain aloe vera gel which could cause the product to ball up if something is applied over top of it.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe  I used them for many years and it took a few weeks to not do that but for all those years never had an issue after the first few weeks.  I found that my makeup was actually smoother while using them but if I even skipped a day I could tell.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone!  I haven't used them for some years - I obviously need the exfoliation lol.  

Valued Contributor

I almost tried a combo selection of her products. But I wasn't sure if I should as some of them contained soy. 

Respected Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

I almost tried a combo selection of her products. But I wasn't sure if I should as some of them contained soy. 

Is soy bad?

I've used a soy cleanser for years - love it.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese firming pads

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe I (and my sister) had estrogen reactive breast lumps and my doctor indicated I shouldn't have soy.  I don't know if the soy in the cosmetics would cause estrogen to rise.  It's probably something I could google to find out - but I end up staying away from anything w/soy. 

Esteemed Contributor

I use mine at night only.

Esteemed Contributor

I also just use them at night.  I like the tingling feeling, like they are doing something to improve my skin.  But for some reason, I don't put any moisturizer on after that, though I have a lot of night time lotions I should use up.  I guess I feel like putting on moisturizer on top of that will somehow lessen the effects of the pad.  Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead