Esteemed Contributor

Dr Denese TSV vs PTR recent TSV

has anyone used both and if so what are your thoughts and results ?

Contributor

Re: Dr Denese TSV vs PTR recent TSV

I have enjoyed using both Dr. Denese and Peter Thomas Roth.  Both have given me great results.  I use Dr. Denese products during the day and used PTR unil I ran out and then used Dr. Denese at night.   I have used Dr. Denese products for more than 5 years and always get compliments.  As mentioned l like both brands; however, Dr. Denese is less expensive.

Respected Contributor

I think I've used everything Dr Denese had to offer through the years and it doesn't seem to make any difference in my skin. I prefer PTR but actually am not sure his even does much. I'm 70 and have semi-good skin but think it's genetic more than anything topical I use. I really really really want my skin to love Dr Denese, especially when all the hosts seem to swear by her products. The pads never did anything noticeable, even when I purchased the mega 90 day duo some years back. Maybe I'm as good as I'm going to get Smiley Happy Good luck, you probably should just experiment. I will say that both Dr D and PTR have had extensive work done so I know we can't go by their skin when looking for results. The befores & afters don't show me anything either.

Respected Contributor

I have been using Beekman (facial bar, Light As Air eye and face, Milk serum) which I like especially because of "clean" beauty.  BUT hearing so much about DD Hydroshield I have been wanting to try it.  I like that it can be used face, eyes and neck.  I will use one at day and one at night until my Beekman is gone and then see which I like better.

Respected Contributor

Dr D uses a lot of cones so I can't use her retinol, breaks me out

Respected Contributor

I use both and DHC, and Tatcha for eyes. I'm a skin care fuss pot.

Love PTR retinol, using it at PM for years now, I think it 

works -- a little goes a long way.

Use PTR masks love the exfoliating pumpkin, cucumber. Recently my skin has become sensitive to his masks.

Dr Denise Firming anti wrinkle pads for face and neck--

really like 👍🏿 use in AM.

Tatcha Silk Peony eye cream is the very best I've found.

I have glaucoma, side effect of drops red lids discolored under eye. I also had to stop wearing ANY

eye makeup. The Tatcha lighted the discoloration and removed puffiness. It is simply wonderful- gives a soft

luminous glow And can be safely used on eyelids.

BTW I am 69 years old. Excellent skin, sagging setting in now.

Valued Contributor

Dr. Denese does not test on animals.  Her products are Cruelty Free.

Peter Thomas Roth pays a company to test on animals.

For me, an animal lover I will not use PTR products/

Honored Contributor

I've never used Dr. Denese for a stupid reason: It's only available from Q (who sometimes doesn't keep a full inventory) or on her site. I do use PTR acid pads. His products are available in stores. I've gotten 15% off at Sephora and stock up.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I've never used Dr. Denese for a stupid reason: It's only available from Q (who sometimes doesn't keep a full inventory) or on her site. I do use PTR acid pads. His products are available in stores. I've gotten 15% off at Sephora and stock up.

Amazon carries the products.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@shoppersince1989 wrote:

Dr. Denese does not test on animals.  Her products are Cruelty Free.

Peter Thomas Roth pays a company to test on animals.

For me, an animal lover I will not use PTR products/

@shoppersince1989 

I would heart this post a million times if I could.  When there have been threads on PTR, I would always comment about animal testing.  I've since given up as I don't think many people care.  I hope I am wrong about that, though.