Contributor

Dr Denese TSV... Under Eyes Burning!

[ Edited ]

UPDATE: I found some Cetaphyl gentle face wash I had, so I used that instead of the Denese Hydrating Cleanser.  Then I used the eye emulsion.  No irritation today.  It might be worth keeping this kit and not use the cleanser.  I still have time to consider it.

I purchased the latest TSV and have been using it all week.  I now notice a burning after using the eye emulsion... but I did find an old review where someone said they felt burning after the face cleanser, which I had also used.  Also, my under eye/upper cheek was dry and flaking one day.  To save my face, I used the lipid infusion oil that I also purchased.  Today, when I washed off my makeup with the cleanser, my face was so dry and my under eye wrinkles were very pronounced.  Again, saved it with the lipid oil since I was afraid to put the eye emulsion on.  

I have to decide whether to keep the TSV.  I like the Hydroshield and the face emulsion.  Too bad the other Hydroshield deal sold-out ($99 6oz HS and Dream Cream duo), so I can't choose that instead.  Man, if I had only known this would not work out, I would have bought that deal too then returned this.

Has anyone else had a burning with either the eye emulsion or cleanser? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Dr Denese TSV... Under Eyes Burning!

There is no product that should be used that makes anything burn!

Are you serious that you are going to keep, send it back.  Your skin is so delicate, you might be having a reaction to any of the products and maybe this stuff is too harsh.

Nothing burning on the skin or anywhere is worth keeping and/or using.

Sorry, this is just common sense.

Respected Contributor

I tried Dr Denese products several yrs ago. It burned everytime I used it. I have extremely sensitive skin, so I never used it again. I would definately return it.

Contributor

I know.... I need to return it.  I have had good luck in the past with Hydroshield, but it doesn't make sense to keep this kit just for that. 

Hopefully, another deal will come along for Hydroshield Smiley Happy

On the bright side, I discovered the Lipid oil and I do like that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in a bit of a quandary too.  Before buying this TSV I had been using Paula's Choice's products specifically her Skin Perfecting 2% BHA liquid to exfoliate, Resist Intensive Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum and the Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer.  I stopped using all of these when I received my Dr Dense TSV and I suddenly got dry spots on my face and so after cleansing with her product I used the Paula's Choice 2% BHA again thinking I needed to exfoliate again..... next I used the face emulsion and got intense burning and stinging.  Not under the eyes though because I wasn't using that PC 2% so close to my eyes so no stinging with the face or eye emulsion.  

When I was religiously using the Paula's Choice TSV trio, I never got dry spots or stinging so yes this has me worried.  

eta: I like the Dr Denese cleanser the best...no stinging with that item or the Hydroshield but like the OP am thinking I need to return these.  @RMBinFL

Super Contributor

I also am in a quandry about returning the kit. I really just bought it for the hydrosheild serum which I love to have on hand. I don't use it daily. but I have very dry flaky skin. I think it is the cleanser?  no burning, but very flaky dry skin. and the moisturizer is so emolliant and the eye cream too, I don't understand it. I had no trouble with the omega eye cream and reordered it a couple times.

Esteemed Contributor

I was wondering how Dr. D's lipid infusion was. I saw her present that one time, and I believe she is right, that no one oil/product does it all.

But sorry that your undereye was so irritated. I think also you should send the kit back, and then just get the individual pieces that you like.

Super Contributor

I think it is worth keeping for the 2 items you like? that is what I am planning on. I decided to use the face cleanser as a regular hand wash. but just the hydrosheild goes for 199. unless you can find another deal. I do love the hydroshield in the big pump bottle.

and the return cost. what to do....

Frequent Contributor

If your skin is burning after your using the product....i would stop using it and return the items.  Basically your skin is mad at you and reacting...... letting you know it does not like the product.

Respected Contributor

@donna71 wrote:

I think it is worth keeping for the 2 items you like? that is what I am planning on. I decided to use the face cleanser as a regular hand wash. but just the hydrosheild goes for 199. unless you can find another deal. I do love the hydroshield in the big pump bottle.

and the return cost. what to do....

@donna71  I agree.  I'm keeping the kit just for the hydroshield serum.  It costs more by itself than the cost of the kit.  I really hate the cleanser.  It's very drying.  It doesn't burn my face, just makes it feel tight.