Respected Contributor

Re: Dr Denese Hydroshield $$$

I've used Hydroshield for years, but can not pay $199 for it.  I always wait for a TSV.  Her last one had 4 oz. hydroshield, 3.4 oz. jar of MD33, and 3.4 oz. of Dream Cream for $129.  If you normally use all 3 of these products, that really brings down the price of the Hydroshield.  I always go auto-delivery too.  Those generally last for 2 years.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

I cannot live without it and it is the only skin care product that I splurge on.  I buy it on her site when she has sales.  The 1.7 oz. size is the best buy.  There is no sales tax or shipping charges.  Beautypedia gives it a "best" rating. 

Contributor

Re: Dr Denese Hydroshield $$$ --- INPUT ANYONE RE JUSTIFYING PRICE?

I keep tryiny this, but info is so vague. WHAT IS IT other than 10 percent glycolic acid, as I recall. I tape every presentation by Dr. D because I just love her and believe her . Im not even sure noe to apply properly ! SO, yezterdays presentation reminded why I want to love it, so AGAIN, applied on full clean face and I saw no 184 percent hydration increase. Also wonderinv if at age 55 i should move to Triple Smoother, skip Dream Cream 

Too old to make expensive mistakes!

Thank you,

Judalee

Honored Contributor

Judaline it doesn't have any glycolic acid in it.  It has retinol and is a moisturizer.  I have skin on the drier side so I use a moisturizer on top of this.  But if you are oily, some people use it as their moisturizer.  Here are the ingredients from her website:

Dimethicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean Seed Extract), Ceramides, Retinol, Tocopherol, Linoleic Acid, Linolinic Acid, Octyl (Ethylhexyl) Cocoate, Lecithin, Glycolipids, Phenoxyethanol.

Dr. Denese's products are very, very difficult to get from e-bay because she has them pulled when they appear.  Her company makes no secret about that.  

Contributor

Re: Dr Denese Hydroshield $$$ ----- Carefl on Beautypedia and "Cosmetic Cops"

A Couple of years ago  I looked further into Beautypedia and Cosmetic Cops, I found Paula's Choice brand behind them ! Really ticked me off BUT they/she doeshave sme great products and is INCREDIBLY generous with free samples by simply  calling WITHOUT spending a penny. Even SHIPPED FREE! SO now I give her a break and do make purchases. I have noticed on the 2 review sites , (Bpedia &CCcops, the items which are given a good rating are usually ones that are quite expensive BUT Voila! Paulas Choice has similar at great savings !! I Hope Someone tells me i am wrong on this. Like Paula but dont want to be "messed " with !! 

JUDALEE

Contributor

Re: Dr Denese Hydroshield $$$- glycoloc / retinol

Thank you, Lipstick Diva ! I will have to go see where I read that BUT when tape her I use losed captions due to her accent. COULD  HAVE SWORN I SAW 10percent Gly Acid,

Which I love !  I dont recall RET exc in the pads !? MAYBE 

I have confused the 2?

IOVE all of  ingredients you noted, but nothing in hydration seems to happen?? What to do if one is a RETIN-A  USER?

I dont understand why everyone buying high end retinol is NOT JUST getting an RX for Retin A, it is o much more effective . SO common any doc will  write it! Scared? START WITH .O5 on a dry face & let it work an hour or so. Drying out? THEN ADD  ALOE IN GEL FORM. WORK UP  1.0 exc eyes. There use .02 or .025 RENOVA, (Cant afford it  for  entire face, but prefer it for emolliency) I GET IT FROM CANADA ---  NorthwestPharmacy online. THEY have laws preventing markups like allowed in the USA. IM getting the Microgel Retin A next  per derm's recommendation. ALL my scripts come from them now after 7 yrs of proving themselves ! (Found them on a AArP

Members website)

Thank you !

Judalee.....Kindle has gotta go !

Trusted Contributor

Ticked off ? Right!  Paula became famous for her "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" books years ago.  In the books she gave sound advice about the large cosmetic companies' tactics and offered alternatives.  The warnings about irritants and unnecessary additives were extremely helpful.  Recently Beautypedia has become nearly impossible to navigate logically and the only products that are consistently given four star ratings are Paula's Choice.  The ratings vary for the same products like Hydorshield and PTR retinol PM according with the marketing of Paula's Choice mimics , first two then four stars.....

When she began she taught there is no need for separate eye, face and neck products.  Humh... She thought scrubs were all too abrasive and recommended Cetaphil and baking soda.....  Humh.... She berated Dr Denese for having more than three lines of miraculous products.... I can't count the number of Paula's Choice items listed now. She claimed retinol ineffective but that position changed ... humh... The contributors to Q forums claim she sold out to a major manufacturer , perhaps this explains the complete turnabout?

I wholeheartedly concur with the scepticism .  I'd like to think I can trust the site and the products but the track record proves that trust would be misplaced.  Trust No One is a warning best heeded in the world of beauty.

Respected Contributor

Sorry for being OT, but does anyone know where to find out when Dr. D will have her next 20% to 50% sale on her site?  I'm about out of her 3 different foundations that I mix together.  The Q no longer sells them.  I need a deal.  Thanks!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

A few months ago QVC Cancelled a few Auto Delivery kits of Dr. Denese's I have getting for years and I am so sad about that. I have one kit left I get on AD with the 4 oz Hydroshield in it and it lasts me over 6 months of using it 2x a day. I have a stash of it stocked up. My friend asked me for a sample of it and I gave her a .5  oz bottle I had and she is now hooked on it but doesn't want to pay the qvc price for just the hydroshield. I told her to sign up on Dr. Denise's website for specials. I won't be giving my friend anymore free samples...lol 

Respected Contributor

I put a dab of ''hydroshield'' on my face just before I use my ''It'' products...makes my skin look like silk !  Nothing else out there like Dr. Denese's Hydroshield....I've tried them ALL !!