Contributor

Dr. Denese Hydrating Cleanser

I have been using Purity Cleanser for years and used to love it, however, the older I get it seems to dry my skin out and leaves it feeling tight. Has anyone out there tried Dr. Denese Hydrating Cleanser? I see she has a TSV coming up on February 14th and thought if the cleanser was in it, I would give it a go.

If you haven't tried this cleanser, could you recommend a moisturizing/hydrating one for older (60) skin?

Thanks everone! We all appreciate feedback from those of us who "have been there". Have a wonderful day!!

PS: Any know what her TSV will be?????

Super Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese Hydrating Cleanser

I got her cleanser as part of a kit. I only use it in the am and when I have to do an extra cleanse during the day, so as not to dry my skin out too much. All other times I like to have a stronger cleanser, so this should work for you.

Honored Contributor

I really like the Hydroshield cleanser. I use it with a microfiber towel, I don't wear waterproof makeup and it's been fine for makeup removal. It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight, it leaves it feeling nice and soft.

I also like WEN body cleanser in Tea Tree for my face. If you want a non-drying cleanser for a great price, you can also try the Boots Botanics cleansing balms, available at Target for under $9 each.

The February Dr Denese TSV includes: 100-Count + 20-Count advanced Firming Facial pads (two containers - 100/20), 4-oz Hydroshield Face Serum, and a 4-oz SPF 30 Defense Day Cream for $139.48 with an A-D option.

Trusted Contributor

I don't really like that cleanser - it just doesn't seem to feel my skin feeling clean. Use most of Dr. D's line but this will not be a repeat purchase. Much prefer CeRave.

Respected Contributor

I like and use the dr denese line, except for the cleanser. I find it doesn't do the job that purity does. Too bad it's drying for you. Best cleanser I've ever used, and I follow up with my skincare and have no problem with drying. This time of year I add the dream cream. Love that stuff.

Respected Contributor

Purity dries my skin out, too. A lot of "gentle" cleansers or cleansers that are labeled for dry/normal skin, also dry me out. For me, the best cleanser to break down makeup & yet be gentle on my skin is Shiseido The Skincare Cleansing Cream. I also like the Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam, but the Cream breaks down makeup just a little bit better. It's a little bit pricey, but it doesn't take very much per use & it really is the best thing that I have used.

Honored Contributor

I use it when I take a shower (not every day) after I have used Philosophy Salt Scrub. Just the idea of shampoo running down over my face is gross so I use her facial cleanser.

I also use her Hydrosheld 2 X's a day, her new moisturizer and everything else she has.

She has a TSV coming up on Feb 14 that I just ordered and I think that is part of the package.

The Hydroshield in the package is really a good buy, it is 4 oz (double what Lisa says is huge)!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have never used Dr. Denese Hydrating Cleanser.

A couple of hydrating cleanser I like are CeraVe Hydrating Cleaner and Albolene.

Honored Contributor

For most of my adult life, I've used the Dove Sensitive Liquid Cleanser and was very happy with it. ...... However, in his Discovery Kit, I got the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser and am CRAZY about it ..... very gentle yet thorough and I love how it foams! I'm hooked!

Contributor

"Purity dries my skin out, too. A lot of "gentle" cleansers or cleansers that are labeled for dry/normal skin, also dry me out. For me, the best cleanser to break down makeup & yet be gentle on my skin is Shiseido The Skincare Cleansing Cream. I also like the Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam, but the Cream breaks down makeup just a little bit better. It's a little bit pricey, but it doesn't take very much per use & it really is the best thing that I have used."

Thanks Dusty1. I'll definately check these out!