Trusted Contributor

Dr Denese Has Too Many Products

I use "some" of Dr. Denese's products.   She has so many products now that if you followed her regimine, it would take all night & morning to get through the steps.

I use Hydroshield for the face, Facial Firming Pads, Firmatone and an upper and lower eye cream.

That alone takes extra time.   If you read her application guide, she has a dozen or more items night and day!  

I think a really good line has a few great items that work well.    You don't need dozens of items.  If it takes so many items to achieve results, in my opinion, it's not good.   I think some of these lines get carried away and want to sell you and sell you items where just a few would do the job that is required to maintain healthy skin.   I get skeptical when a line has so many items because it becomes about profit and not being user friendly nor economically reasonable anymore for the consumer.;   

I would go in debt if I used all of her product line like she suggests.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dr Denese Has Too Many Products

I LOVE Dr. Denese products and have had veyr good results. I  have senesitive skin with issues and allergies and this works for me. 

I think most skincare lines have a lot of product variety becasue the market wants variety and consumers have different needs/issues.

I finally paired my purchases to Hydroshiled serum/Wrinkle Defense for the face & neck and the eye fixxer upper.  I'll use her daycream when I don't want to wear makeup and I'll use the dream cream as a quickie for am or pm.  I buy the supersize when it's on easy pay and the products ususally last me six months. What I really appreciate is that the integrity of the product remains good down to the last drop. There isn't anything runny or funky smell at the bottom of the jar. The best thing is that I see results and the difference in my skin.

Trusted Contributor

So glad you're seeing great results.   

I know many people have different needs, but Dr. Denese focuses on using the majority of her products.   

I did have the Hydroshield Emulsion for Face go bad on me.  It turned color and did smell.  The Restore Eyes did get very dry in the jar once.   Never had a problem with any other of her items.

If it works for you that is great.  I just feel she offers a lot of products and many do the same things.   She is in the business of selling her products.

Esteemed Contributor

Same for Dr. Perricone - one for eye  - one for chest - one for neck - one for eye lids.  Come on, half of them are the same, just different colored jars.  LOL   I love his products but only use about 4.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know how much retinol Dr. Denese's Firmatone contains?

Trusted Contributor

Seems they all do that....(Perricone, Isomers, ect) Each one is the do all holy grail of skincare LOL.I like you always think. "Wel if this one is so good then why do they make 5 eye creams, 6 night creams, ect ect" LOL. Is all about marketing and sales. Slap in a few different ingrediants, a different catchy name and sell it to the masses. I hate the term anti-aging. Is like aging is a curse that we must stop ... and we can somehow stop the hands of time with a lotion or potion (yikes) Im an ingrediant reader and if they have parfums, lavender, lemon and PEGs (petroleum) I do not buy it. All I need is Matrixal, Acetyl Heapeptide, and Retinol. The further down the list the less the ingrediant there is in the product too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

They all do after they become successful. It's on to the new, newer, and newest item. The consumer can't keep up. Even Paula's Choice has way too many products, it's mind numbing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY  Mind numbing and confusing!  I agree Ms TY.  And for as expensive many of these lines and products are, they don't lend themselves for us to try some of them, figure out what works best for each of us, and what we'd really like to stick with.  I use PTR - he too has quite a line of products too, however I refuse to spend big bucks just to try something i very well may not like, may not do anythning for my issues.

De Denese - I've tried a few of her products in the past.  The two I continue to use and really is her toner and I faithfully love to use her tinted day cream with SPF 30 - gotta love that and it lasts forever!  I use this as a primer because of the high spf.

Respected Contributor

I've used this line for years and like the products I use.  I discovered long ago that you don't need to use all the products recommended.  I learned this the hard way when I had to toss so much of it due to it going bad. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@TY  Mind numbing and confusing!  I agree Ms TY.  And for as expensive many of these lines and products are, they don't lend themselves for us to try some of them, figure out what works best for each of us, and what we'd really like to stick with.  I use PTR - he too has quite a line of products too, however I refuse to spend big bucks just to try something i very well may not like, may not do anythning for my issues.

De Denese - I've tried a few of her products in the past.  The two I continue to use and really is her toner and I faithfully love to use her tinted day cream with SPF 30 - gotta love that and it lasts forever!  I use this as a primer because of the high spf.

I've always liked the Daily Defense Cream SPF30 and that is one of the things that I miss since QVC doesn't ship to Canada anymore. Dr Denese never brought her sunscreen to Canada (probably too much bureaucratic red tape to do so).