Respected Contributor

Dr Denese HYDROSHIELD - Combo Skin (I got the TSV)...My Experience

I'm thinking Hydroshield may not be okay for my face, may have to use it neck down.

I have not had a pimple in 4 months now (YAY ME...LOL)

and I got two between my eyes sorta forehead area after 4 days of using Hydroshield. Going to omit that and see if that is the cause, I think the retinol product is fine, I'm 99% sure it's the Hydroshield.

Anyone else have this problem?

Super Contributor

Re: Dr Denese HYDROSHIELD - Combo Skin (I got the TSV)...My Experience

Certain products will do that to me also. I think it depends on the "oiliness" of the product. I will always break out on my nose and my chin if a product doesn't agree with my skin. I recently received a sample of Hope in a Jar and used it a few times and the breakouts occured and I never ,regularly, have any breakouts. Found Hope in a Jar feels extemely oily on and really didn't like it at all. Reminded me of the old Pond's cold cream. I guess that there are just some products you and I cannot use.

Respected Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Jackielee said:

Certain products will do that to me also. I think it depends on the "oiliness" of the product. I will always break out on my nose and my chin if a product doesn't agree with my skin. I recently received a sample of Hope in a Jar and used it a few times and the breakouts occured and I never ,regularly, have any breakouts. Found Hope in a Jar feels extemely oily on and really didn't like it at all. Reminded me of the old Pond's cold cream. I guess that there are just some products you and I cannot use.

I think you are right! and the TSV was still a great deal if the Retinol Product works fine for me, I can still use Hydroshield on my neck and chest area and maybe I'll try it just LIGHTLY on my cheeks since they are dryer than my forehead and chin area. But, ya I was enjoying clear skin and then BAM.... pimples right after starting the Hydroshield so I know that is the culprit.

Frequent Contributor

I have the exact same problem whenever I use it. I tried it again this morning and when I looked in the mirror this after, my pores looked clogged. I don't have oily skin, but this makes me oily. I will have to try it on the neck. If that doesn't work out, I will be back to using it on my hands and body.
Regular Contributor

I couldn't use it either. I think it's all the silicones.
Respected Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Mimichic said: I have the exact same problem whenever I use it. I tried it again this morning and when I looked in the mirror this after, my pores looked clogged. I don't have oily skin, but this makes me oily. I will have to try it on the neck. If that doesn't work out, I will be back to using it on my hands and body.

I love her pads and use them with Paula Choice BHA (BHA in the morning and pads at night) and I have been CLEAR for at least 4 months (normally I get maybe 1 a month....2 TOPS) but I have 2 side by side on my forehead (just above middle of eyes) and I actually woke up to two tiny ones on my chin this morning - I never ever break out on my chin! I think I will keep the TSV for the Retinol product but then again, how do I know it's not causing some of the breakouts.... hummm Just thought of that as I typed this!

Trusted Contributor

On 8/18/2014 beautybuster said: I couldn't use it either. I think it's all the silicones.
same here. The silicones in it broke out my skin. I now avoid all dimethicone or cones in any products and no breakouts!
Respected Contributor

I have problems with it making my skin red because of the retinol. While it might feel OK (and it's JUST OK), it's not worth aggravating my rosacea.

Super Contributor

the last eye cream i bought was her omega 3, and i swear, after 2 days i had tiny bumps under my eyes. the first eye cream was her hydroshield, same thing. my thinking was if she is a cosmetic phd, md, i could trust her to use ingredients that would make our problems better, not worse. my same thinking with dr murad.