Honored Contributor

I like Dr. Denese's eye creams very much.  My latest purchase from her line was the Collagen eye cream.   I also have an older one specifically for the lids.  I have one lid that droops some and don't know it has been helped, but my lids are not so wrinkled that I cannot use eye shadow.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@ellaphant what did you have done that helped?  

My upper eylids were drooping badly, I could not even wear eye makeup. My vision was not affected, although it can in some cases. I interviewed 2 board certified plastic surgeons to have the drooping corrected. The procedure was under an hour, under a local anasthetic and did not hurt at all during or after the procedure. The results were terrific. I do not look 'surprised'...I just look like me, before my eyelids started drooping! 

And how wonderful to wear eye makeup again!

It’s called (Blepharoplasty).

Honored Contributor

If you have mildly droopy or crepey lids and want them fixed without surgery, there is a nonsurgical procedure called Thermage. It can tighten the skin around the entire eye and there's very little down time and no scars. Usually a single visit will take care of most lids or undereye sagging. Cost varies depending on where you live.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa ...I use her products...love them and my 64 year old skin likes them as well.

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

Dr Denese Hydroshield Eye Fix for Upper Lid is one

I have used this, nothing special, but I do think it is now discontinued, not seen it on her site in a while. 

Super Contributor

Thanks Onefineday. I've been thinking about getting this procedure. No crepey eyelid skin but definite droop. Was it super expensive? I was hoping to find a surgeon where I could set up a payment plan like Easy Pay LOL!😊

Super Contributor

Thanks SilleeMee for this information; will definitely check it out.

Respected Contributor

@ChazzyLady wrote:

Thanks Onefineday. I've been thinking about getting this procedure. No crepey eyelid skin but definite droop. Was it super expensive? I was hoping to find a surgeon where I could set up a payment plan like Easy Pay LOL!😊

Surgeons will want the money up front. A credit card is your best option. Good luck!

Make sure your surgeon is Board Certified, ask to see pictures of his/her work, ask about the procedure,  office or hospital? I had mine done in the surgeons office....it was less expensive than expensive hospital fees. Good luck!

Contributor

Tropics 21

I had this surgery done a year ago.  I went to a local eye doctor who also happened to be an occular plastic surgeon.  I picked brains of friends and drs as to who they would recommend for this procedure.  I was given a field of vision test at my consultation.  The results were sent to my insurance company who approved it to be covered.  I think the total cost was around 2000.00.  I was under local anethesia- it was easy peasy!!  I looked a bit beat up for about a week but nothing makeup and sunglasses could not deal with!

This is a very common procedure.  I think some drs will even do it in there offices to keep the cost down (so you don't have to pay the surgery center costs)  I was honestly suprised how much better I could see afterwards and honestly I did it mostly for vanity reasons Smiley Surprised  After I healed even my kids commented on how much better I looked.  Go for it!!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Back to the original topic, I really love Dr. Denese's products and currently use her Hydroshield Serum which is amazing, her MD-33 Clinical Reserve Creme at night (super moisturizing and like velvet on my skin), and her Firming Facial Microdermabrasion Cream which gently exfoliates my skin.

However I tried her Omega-3 eye cream and, well, nothing, nada, no results at all. It came with a set and it is a very soothing feeling blue gel-like product which comes with a wonderful application wand with a round metallic end which feels very cooling when applying the cream, really the best reason to buy the cream LOL and can be used with products other than her eye cream, but it never felt like it was being absorbed and did absolutely nothing for my undereye lines, puffiness or dark circles.

I had considered purchasing the three piece Hydroshield set on auto-delivery which includes the serum, the day cream which is a great moisturizer and eye cream. The price is worth it if only for the serum and the day cream but there is another set, four pieces with both the moisturizer and day cream as well a supersize of her cleanser and facial firming pads that's $31.00 less than the three piece one.

Anyone have any success with her Hydroshield eye cream?