Occasional Contributor

Dr Denese Cleanser Recommendation

I have been using philosophy purity cleanser for years, but since I love Dr Denese's other products, I thought I would try her cleanser. Would you recommend her hydrating cleanser or her resurface and glow cleanser? TIA!
Valued Contributor

Re: Dr Denese Cleanser Recommendation

I've gone through many tubes of her hydrating cleanser and was always happy with it. I haven't used any of her other cleansers so can't comment on those.
Super Contributor

I love both of the cleansers. You can get a duo of the 6 oz. hydrating cleanser now for $22. Item Number A33531. A duo of the 8 oz. Resurface is $35 Item Number A192941. It you prefer an exfoliating cleanser, get the Resurface. The Hydrating is great with the Clarisonic if you use it. Do NOT use the Resurface with the Clarisonic, it can be too abrasive unless you have skin that can handle it.

Occasional Contributor

Dr Denese is cruelty free. Philosophy is not. I, for one, am so sick of seeing Philosophy on the schedule, it seems, every other week for hours (or does it just seem that way?) I never watch the shows and never buy the products because, as I said, they are not cruelty free.

Dr Denese, as well as Tarte, IT, Josie Maran, Laura Geller, Mally and probably others are cruelty free beauty and prestige products not sold in every drug store as Philosophy is.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much for your input! I do have a clarisonic so I will go for the hydrating cleanser.
Super Contributor

On 2/19/2015 My3sons said: Thanks very much for your input! I do have a clarisonic so I will go for the hydrating cleanser.

And a little goes a loooonnnggg way. Since it is a tube, be aware that a lot will come out if you press too hard. I actually tilt the tube and ever so lightly press. It spreads beautifully and feels wonderful on the skin.

Trusted Contributor

Both have their purpose. I use the hydrating cleanser every night - massage well with my hands then wipe off with a washcloth - I do not use a Clarisonic . I use the resurface cleanser 2-3 times a week in my morning shower. Follow up with a generous amount of Hydroshield, then a moisturizer (Dream Cream in the morning, MD33 at night). At my advanced age, using too many exfoliate cleansers is not beneficial to my thinning skin.

BTW - Dr D is not only cruelty-free, her products are manufactured in the US! Important to me.