Respected Contributor

Dr Denese 3pc TSV - Questions....

Got mine - Used the Retinol last night and the Hydroshield this morning, went on oily but dried matte then I added my moist.

The Eye product - should I only be using this at night? Do I need to use a diff. eye product under or over? It just doesn't seem to "SINK IN"?

Also - I have a trip in Nov. planned and it means I will be in the sun a lot more than usual.

I already ordered the Josie Maran Tinted Moist TSV and should get that soon - will that moisturizer be enough for while I'm on vac. or should I get the Dr.Denese Tinted SPF Day cream to use?

TIA for your input & time.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dr Denese 3pc TSV - Questions....

anyone? LOL

Contributor

Hi Sandgirl, I can definitely understand your question because the eye product is exactly as you describe it. Luckily I caught the section of Dr. Denese's presentation where she discussed the eye cream and she talked about how she formulated it for night time use, and emphasized how she wanted to formulate a night time eye cream that would keep your eye area moisturized throughout the entire night and into the morning. That said I've noticed posts which described other uses for the cream e.g. as an upper lip moisturizer since there is a lot of dimethicone in the cream it seems like it could be used to fill in fine lines anywhere on the face, so it's definitely worth experimenting....

As far as sunscreen is concerned I've had luck with a relatively inexpensive product:

Face Factor Sunscreen For Face + Neck SPF 30 by Kiss My Face -- it has great reviews on Paula's Choice and drugstore.com

Respected Contributor

wb in nyc - THANK YOU for your reply. I was so confused about the eye product because the instructions say day/night - Today I put a tad bit of my eye cream that I already had on, let that soak in then lightly wanded on the Dr Denese product and patted it till it felt like I could cont. with my makeup.

THANK YOU also, for the tip on the sunscreen, I am for sure going to check it out, I love Kiss my face products. Enjoy your day!

Esteemed Contributor

I use the Dr.Denese skincare line and use the day cream. The day cream is great for vacation or those days when you five minutes to get out the door. I have dry, sensitive skin with a ton of allergies and skin issues but this works for me. You can certainly layer other products on top of it if you prefer. It works well both ways.

Trusted Contributor

I have used Dr. D's products for years, especially the SPF30 daycream which has served triple-duty as moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation. It gives me ample coverage. On those days where I might be a little dryer, I add just a drop of Josie's argon oil before applying and it works beautifully. I doubt I will never be without this product.

Respected Contributor

DeePa & gonnab - thanks for your inputs, I really appreciate it!