Respected Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese 30 SPF DefenseDay Cream

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Any thoughts about this product?

I use is just about every day, it's enough coverage that I can add  IT powder and blush and be done....I wish it were a bit thinner. I am just about out and I would be willing to try a new product, just not sure what to buy.... I used to use Lumene BB Cream but that has been discontinued.

Is there any other product that you can recommend?  thanks.

@Mom2Dogs if you really like the Dr. Denese 30 SPF Defense Day Cream but wished it was a little thinner, just get a nice face oil ( Argan) and add a little drop to the Day Cream. I have seem several make-up YouTubers do this. (Tati, Hot & Flashy, Elle Leary)
Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Tsukiko....do you need to apply foundation on top of the tinted product?

Well I don't usually wear foundation, I usually just do sunscreen and blush. On the rare occasions that I do, I use a light hand with Bare Minerals original loose foundation. In comparison to Dr Denese I would say the shade and coverage is lighter. The Elta is very sheer and if you have any obvious flaws like dark spots or so, this will not cover those. 

Respected Contributor

Love this product that has great coverage. I have. Been using. Since offered at the 

Q. If you like thinner use a little Josie Argon oil or any other moisturizer under it. I use defense cream last as a moisturizer and then add foundation

Respected Contributor

I used to use her Daycream years ago but moved on because there are so many other choices out there. Personally I don't want a tinted SPF because I also use it on my neck. I really like Josie's SPF 47 but I use the untinted. She does have a tinted version which many people like. 

Esteemed Contributor

I use it and love it. On days where I want to addd Laura Geller B&B on top of it I "thin" out the day cream with a bit of moisturizer. Works great for me. I really can't feel it on my skin and with the SPF protection it's a bonus. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Is there any other product that you can recommend?  thanks.

@Mom2Dogs, I used Dr. Densese's Defense Day product a long time ago and determined it wasn't the best for my drier skin. Like you, I also didn't like the thickness.  I was thrilled when my derm recommeded Elta MD tinted mineral suncreen products. Higher SPF than Dr. D's also.  Have used Elta MD ever since, every day. My dry skin loves it. 

Valued Contributor

I have used the DefenseDay Cream, but moved on to other things I liked better, and are  considerably less money as well.  Currently, I am using theBalm Balm Shelter in light.  I really like this one a lot, however, I wish it had a higher SPF. (It has an SPF of 18).   I usually wear a light moisturizer with SPF when I wear theBalm and little powder and it makes my skin look almost flawless.

Trusted Contributor

For those of you who say the day cream is too expensive, if you trust ebay, it is there for $45.

Super Contributor

I love Elta MD tinted SPF 41 sunscreen and have used it for years. Most days I wear just the Elta MD and no foundation. It is a lighter tint than Dr. Denese 30SPF Defense Day Cream and slightly thinner, as well. I have sensitive skin and the Elta MD has never bothered me in terms of breakouts or irritation. 

Honored Contributor

I discovered a brand called Colorscience at my derm's office. After a laser treatment I was handed this all-in-one product to put on. It made my skin look so beautiful! Covered everything. Only problem was the cost...$125 for a 1-oz bottle. If you can swing it then I highly recommend it.

51-2AuvhFzL._SY450_.jpg