Honored Contributor
On 4/6/2015 hyacinth003 said:

Maybe these comedy types ought to think twice about making fun of people.

Dr. Brandt seemed to be a nice, kind, person. It was probably more complex than a comedy show, but still.

Tina Fey made fun of Sarah P. relentlessly too. Never seen such viciousness in my life.

Hyacinth

Relentlessly?...it was her JOB. And I recall no viciousness whatsoever.

I wager that the people who object so vociferously to her comic routine howl with laughter when it's a politician that THEY don't like.

Personally, if the parody is spot-on, I appreciate the talent no matter who is the person being skewered -- Gore, Clinton, Bush, whatever, they've all had their turn in the hot seat.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
On 4/6/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I think it is malicious for anyone to connect a man's death with a TV spoof. That is incredibly cruel to the actors.

If he did indeed commit suicide, I'm sure that it was from a build-up of many, many demons in his life. A healthy person does not take his life because of one parody; in fact, as another poster suggested, most would take it in stride and maybe even enjoy the idea of such fame.

Ding...worth repeating, suzyQ3.

Honored Contributor
On 4/6/2015 Vivian said: I agree with SusyQ3. It is unfair and simplistic to blame someone's death on a comedy spoof. Famous people have been lampooned throughout history. I cannot imagine that any comedian sets out to destroy another human being through humor. If Dr Brandt was suffering from an illness he could have been emotionally vulnerable but there has to be far more to this story that none of us knows. No one dies of parody.

I completely agree.

Respected Contributor

Dr. Brandt seemed to be a nice, kind, person. It was probably more complex than a comedy show, but still.

Tina Fey made fun of Sarah P. relentlessly too. Never seen such viciousness in my life.

Hyacinth

In one of the episodes of Saturday Night Live, Sarah P herself showed up and the audience was floored breaking into laughter. She seemed to really enjoy the attention that Tina Fey was giving her. After all, didn't she have a reality show airing her family"s ___ laundry? She loved the attention.....any attention.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/6/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Hyacinth

In one of the episodes of Saturday Night Live, Sarah P herself showed up and the audience was floored breaking into laughter. She seemed to really enjoy the attention that Tina Fey was giving her. After all, didn't she have a reality show airing her family"s ___ laundry? She loved the attention.....any attention.

And Sarah's 15 minutes of fame continues to linger on!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Frequent Contributor
I have a friend who lives in Manhatten who had several procedures done by Dr. Brandt.she looked amazing..not "done" just very fresh. She always said what a gentle, off beat soul he was. She liked him very much as a doctor. She must be devastated..so sad for Dr. Brandt and his family.
Trusted Contributor
On 4/6/2015 evelomaddict said:

macy and ally,

i'm so very sorry for the loss of your loved ones.

thank you Eve

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor
On 4/6/2015 Chrystaltree said:

I doubt that a tv show contributed to his depression. The article I read said he suffered with clinical depression. I never saw him on QVC because I don't watch beauty shows but the article also said he used his face to test products and if you look at how the man destroyed his appearance, it's obvious that he had in addition to his depression, he had other psychiatric problems. It's sad that he couldn't be saved from hisself.

I sold antidepressants and antipsychotics to psychiatrists for many years. A tv show could help exacerbate his state of depression.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
On 4/6/2015 winamac1 said:
On 4/6/2015 Chrystaltree said:

I doubt that a tv show contributed to his depression. The article I read said he suffered with clinical depression. I never saw him on QVC because I don't watch beauty shows but the article also said he used his face to test products and if you look at how the man destroyed his appearance, it's obvious that he had in addition to his depression, he had other psychiatric problems. It's sad that he couldn't be saved from hisself.

I sold antidepressants and antipsychotics to psychiatrists for many years. A tv show could help exacerbate his state of depression.

win, I don't doubt that. But for someone who is seriously depressed or has other psychological problems, many things can exacerbate their mental state.

But the fault does not lie with someone or something else, unless of course someone was harassing the man or goading him into suicide, which is highly unlikely.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

So sorry to hear of his passing. I did not see him or his appearance as odd.