Respected Contributor

Downton Abbey perfume is FAB!!!

Keep in mind I've never watched on episode of DA. There are pretty much no reviews of the perfume because I "think" it is fairly new. There are only a couple of places to buy it from. One place has it for 20% off right now through Jan. 26th (I think).

It is super expensive, but it is pure perfume oil. I got the sampler of 7 for $45 (not on sale). They are tiny, but it will be several wearings per tube since it is to concentrated.

OMG, It is the best stuff ever. I've only tried two so far. I got the sampler so I could pick one to buy. I don't know if I will be able to buy just one. They do have a set for $195 on sale for 7 little roll-ons. This would last forever though!

The only reason I wanted to try the sampler is because I got a sample in a catalog. I rubbed my wrist on the sample and loved it ALL day. My MIL smelled it and loved it too.

Just thought I'd let you know if you want to try something unique, It is wonderful.

Please don't think I'm crazy for spending $45 for 7 samples. They are that much at other places for expensive perfumes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey perfume is FAB!!!

Can you describe? I don't watch the show, but it seems to me it would be an 'old world' scent, like roses, lilacs, etc. Or powdery. Something I wouldn't want to smell like...!

Honored Contributor

WHERE did you see it available?

Regular Contributor

Price is waaay out of my budget. They sell it all over the place online, including pbs.org and amazon. Just google it and you'll find more places that have it online. I'm happy to have it on dvd. Set of 7 fragrances for only 4 ml size bottles is $245. Ouch! (4 ml. equals 0.135256 oz.)

Respected Contributor

It is on sale for $195 for 7 roll ons. It is pure with no additves. It explains all that on their site. It is equal to a larger bottle of spray prrfume and lasts all day. It is expensive but my sampler bottles will last several times each. It is super concentrated. I'll post the sale site tomorrow. I'm on my kindle. It'll be easier to post from my laptop.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Here is the site where it is 20% off.

http://www.shoppbs.org/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=perfume&origkw=perfume&sr=1

Here is a description of the scents.

http://www.nstperfume.com/2014/11/24/downton-abbey-fragrance-collection-new-perfumes/

Here is why they are expensive and go a LONG WAY (copy and pasted)

What is the difference between pure perfume and other fragrance categories?

Pure perfume is the most concentrated form of fragrance available. It is a rare find. The difference between a cologne, eau de toilette and pure perfume is a matter of concentration, or percentage, of the aromatic and botanical compounds used. Higher concentration levels of aromatic and botanical compounds result in a richer, more intense fragrance with compelling nuances that lower concentrations cannot convey or match.

For example, Splash and aftershave contain only 1-3% aromatic compounds. While Perfume extract, or simply perfume (extrait) contain 15-40% aromatic compounds. For more information, please see Perfume (Wikipedia)

This means you receive not only the highest quality fragrance, but also the best value. With Pure Perfume, a little goes a long way, the 4ml is equivalent to a 30-50ml alcohol based spray perfume while the 8ml is equivalent to a 70-100ml alcohol based spray perfume.

Super Contributor

In case you're wondering...

{I have not purchased or sampled any of these}

• 7 Pure perfume 4 ml (each) glass with steel ball roll-on applicator
    Flavors Include:

"Anna's Romance" – Anna Bates
    • Top Notes: Black Cherry, Bergamot, Bitter Orange
    • Middle Notes: Orchid, Almond Blossom, Gardenia
    • Base Notes: Vanilla Bean, Liquid Caramel, Patchouli

"Grace & Devotion" – Lady Cora
    • Top Notes: Fresh Citrus, Neroli Mélange
    • Middle Notes: Jasmine, Warm Spices, Vanilla
    • Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla, Amber

"Honestly Daisy" – Daisy Mason
    • Top Notes: Orange Blossom, Ginger
    • Middle Notes: Jasmine, White Floral, Vanilla
    • Base Notes: Sheer Musk, Sandalwood, Amber

"Elegant Flourish" – Lady Edith
    • Top Notes: Cherry Blossom, Apple, Melon
    • Middle Notes: Almond Blossom, Black Cherry, Jasmine
    • Base Notes: Amber, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Musk

"Bittersweet" – Lady Mary
    • Top Notes: Amber, Ciste, Labdanum
    • Middle Notes: Jasmine, Myrrh, Honey
    • Base Notes: Musk, Precious Woods

"Demure" – Lady Rose
    • Top Notes: Geranium, Pink Pepper, Freesia
    • Middle Notes: Pink Rose, Vanilla Orchid, Peony
    • Base Notes: Amber, Orris, Musk, Sandalwood

"Aristocrat" – Countess Violet
    • Top Notes: Pink Pepper, Carnation, Mandarin
    • Middle Notes: Vanilla Orchid, Cinnamon, Orris
    • Base Notes: Amber, Patchouli, Sandalwood
Respected Contributor

The two I've tried so far is Bittersweet and Grace & Devotion. They are both absolutely wonderful! Grace and Devotion is the one I tried in the magazine sample that made we want to try these.

I can't wait to try a third one after my shower later this morning.